Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

silly question, probably

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 ninaeast

ninaeast

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:30 PM

Just want to make sure I understand this plugin.

When we upgrade to latest version of a theme, we still have to go into the new stylesheet, etc. and redo the customizations we had made to the earlier version, right?

It's not that the plugin *magically* transfers the customizations over to the new version.

Just checking,

Nina!

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,369 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:28 AM

Hi Nina,

if only we could create that bit of Magic. I think instant fame (and fortune!) would be ours.

So, nope ... you start with a fresh theme out-of-the-box, but your existing theme will be saved,

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 sridhar

sridhar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:10 AM

If you use a theme that supports parent-child structure like Builder, you can upgrade the parent theme w/o worrying about loss of customizations.

#4 ninaeast

ninaeast

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 07:26 AM

Thanks guys. I do use Builder on some of my sites, but not all.