Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Support during Holidays:

During the Holidays (Dec. 22 - Jan. 2) our support staff will spend well-deserved time with their families and loved ones.

We can not guarantee the same level of support that you are used to.

Moderators will check in on the support forum, but response times may be longer than expected.

Your iThemes support team wishes you happy holidays!

in progress

Dynamic Text In Confirmation Page Is Unformatted

exchange styling text text formatting exchange confirmation page

5 replies to this topic

#1 Ray @sixfourweb

Ray @sixfourweb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:03 PM

Upon completion of the transaction, buyers are directed to the confirmation page that displays details of the transaction. The text detailing the transaction is unformatted, presenting the information in a jumble. Looking at the source, all of the information is indeed in one paragraph, with no breaks or paragraph tags. Is this to be expected? Is there a way to control/manage/edit this?

Posted Image

Here is the url to the product: sixfourweb.com/product/make-payment   You can check out using the card number 4242 4242 4242 4242 exp12/14 cvg 987
SixFour Web Design creates effective WordPress websites for small businesses as well as non-profit organizations.

#2 Gerroald

Gerroald

iThemes Support

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 3,747 posts
  • LocationiThemes World HQ

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:10 PM

Hey Ray,

It seems you're using a Builder extension globally. Extensions are meant to be use on a very specific basis. You can either use the extension more specifically, or use Builder Views for Exchange to customize the confirmation page.

Please let me know if this helps!

Thanks,

Gerroald

#3 Ray @sixfourweb

Ray @sixfourweb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:37 PM

Gerroald,

Thanks for taking a look.  If I remember correctly, my child theme had no extensions, so I copied the extensions folder from another theme.  Before installing exchange, I used extensions only in two places, in the portfolio (portfolio extension) and on the blog (image left). Rather than explaining here is the views page.

Posted Image

The only layout that has an extension is the portfolio; I am using the views as in the image above. I thought the extension influenced layout. The text itself seems stripped of formatting, I would have expected the labels to have some mechanism for styling via CSS (classes or id's).
SixFour Web Design creates effective WordPress websites for small businesses as well as non-profit organizations.

#4 Ray @sixfourweb

Ray @sixfourweb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:04 PM

Gerroald - any other thoughts?

#5 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,959 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:29 PM

Hi Ray,

Using a Builder extension shouldn't be causing this nor does it cause that issue on my site.

Can you send me admin login information for your site so I can take a look at the backend?  That'll be the easiest way for me to diagnose any issues.  You can PM the information to me here on the forum or email it to me at elise@ithemes.com.  Just be sure to include a link to this post so I know what the message is in regards to.

You might go ahead and update Exchange as well.  It looks like you're running version 1.7.1 of Exchange and the latest version is 1.7.3.

If you can get that information to me, I'll take a look for you!

Thanks,

Elise

#6 Ray @sixfourweb

Ray @sixfourweb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:56 PM

Email sent - Thanks

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: in progress, exchange styling text, text formatting, exchange, confirmation page

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users