Membership Doesn't Protect The Content

membership

6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jlungta_*

Guest_jlungta_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:25 PM

Hello,

I have bought the membership plugin and tried it in my website. I configured it according to instructions, created membership levels and assigned them to pages.
BUT the content of the protected pages still shows and below it comes the message saying "this content is protected and will only show if you have a membership"
You can check here http://e-dharma.org/blog/relacoes-amor-pratica-espiritual/

How is this possible?

As a comment I would like to say that there is not enough documentation to help set the plugin and the functioning of the website with the pages one has to create, etc.
At this stage I am quite disapointed.
JLungta

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,209 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:31 PM

Hi JLungta,

I'm going to move this post into the Membership add-on forum, so please login before your next reply.  I apologize for misdirecting you when you emailed previously.  You should be able to login with the same username and password that you use to download products from your iThemes Member Panel to login.  

In the meantime, do you have content in the Excerpt section of your post?  If so, that will be displayed along with the restricted content message.

If you don't have anything in the Excerpt section, try testing to see if there is a plugin conflict.  So you'd deactivate all of your plugins except for Exchange and the Membership add-on, then see if the restricted content shows properly.  If it does, reactivate your other plugins one at a time testing Exchange each time to see which plugin is creating the conflict.  You can also test to see if this is a plugin conflict by temporarily activating one of the WordPress default themes like Twenty Thirteen.  

Have you checked out the codex yet?  We try to keep it as up to date as possible and you'll also find additional information in the Membership.  And we're happy to help with any thing we haven't covered there.

I apologize again for having you post here instead of in the Membership forum to begin with.  

Thanks,

Elise

#3 Guest_J Oscar Bittinger_*

Guest_J Oscar Bittinger_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:21 PM

I'm having this same issue, as well as getting "Error processing PayPal form. Missing valid PayPal information." using Exchange to sell recordings.

#4 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,209 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:57 PM

Hi J Oscar,

Can you please start your own threads?  You'll create your own thread both in the Membership forum (which you'll need to sign in for) and one in the Exchange forum for the PayPal issue.  

In both threads, please give as much detail as possible (for instance, are you using PayPal Standard or PayPal Standard Secure, is it on a recurring payment or just a one time payment, etc.) along with the URL for your site.  Also let us know if you have already tried testing for conflicts as I have recommended to the original poster.

Thanks,

Elise

#5 Guest_J Oscar Bittinger_*

Guest_J Oscar Bittinger_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:28 PM

Elise - Sorry for responding again here - I would LOVE to sign-in to the Membership forum - it refuses to accept me.

Am able to login to the members area (and download plugs) but am kicked out by the support page with the same password. Please contact via email job@octoberday.com if necessary. THANKS!

#6 Guest_edharma_*

Guest_edharma_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:26 AM

Thank you Elise for your reply

I have deactivated all my plugins and it still doesn't work.
Yes I have read the codex but it didn't help either. :frown: :yell:
Any idea?

#7 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,209 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:36 PM

Hi everyone,

@J Oscar - can you try resetting your password?  So you'd go to your Member Panel and make sure to sign out.  You should then see a "Lost Password" option where you'll be able to reset your password.  That should reset the password for both your Member Panel and the forum.  You may have to wait a little while before it takes effect, but give it a try and then let us know how it goes.

@edharma - are you able to login to the forum?  I need to move this post into the Membership Add-on forum.  Once you're able to login, let me know and I'll move the thread and we can go from there.  Once you're able to login to the forum, email me and let me know.  At that time, also send me admin log in information for your site so I can take a look at the backend.  You can PM it to me here on the forum or email it to me at elise@ithemes.com.  Be sure to include a link to this thread in your message so I know what the message is in regards to.

Thanks,

Elise

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: membership

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users