Question Before Purchase About Back Up Buddy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Jon_*

Guest_Jon_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:11 PM

I would like to purchase Back Up Buddy but have a question.  Our blog has not been backed up in a while (our IT manager backed up the database a couple times manually) by logging into a Linux server. It is old and outdated and I am not sure the last time it was updated.

We are also running an older version of WP: 3.5.1.

I am just trying to understand if upon purchase of the plug in and installing it, if I have to do anything else. Is it as simple as purchasing and then installing the plug in to protect and back up the blog?

Many thanks,
Jon

#2 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:20 PM

Hi Jon,

That version of WordPress is above BackupBuddy's minimum and recommended WordPress version so should be fine on that. Backing up should generally be installing the plugin and then running a backup. Any settings you may need or want to do would be dependent on the server and whatever special setups you may want to do with it.

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX