Pre-Sale - Capabilities Of Builder

access to code

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Marianne_*

Guest_Marianne_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:29 PM

A colleague recommends Builder and I am close to purchasing it. It sounds great.

I need to know beforehand if it I can add/link scripts to <head></head>. That's important to me.

I know you can edit CSS directly, but can I see or insert blocks of HTML code into a page or create a custom function? What I am asking is how much of the code is hidden. Can I build in my own jQuery features?

Also I use some WP and WPMU DEV plugins, some of them are pretty substantial (like membership) and gravity forms, do they play well with Builder?

Please advise. Thanks.

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 28,708 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:21 PM

Hi,

thanks for your inquiry.

View PostMarianne, on 17 December 2013 - 03:29 PM, said:

I need to know beforehand if it I can add/link scripts to <head></head>. That's important to me.

Yes you can, Builder allows you to add your custom code to the <head> section (as well as to the footer section) through the Builder settings.

I know you can edit CSS directly, but can I see or insert blocks of HTML code into a page or create a custom function? What I am asking is how much of the code is hidden. Can I build in my own jQuery features?

I am not sure I understand, but none of the code is hidden. Builder allows you to built any layout you want, and you can include as many html blocks (in any location) you want. And yes you can edit the css and create custom functions, just as you would in any other WordPress theme. I am not entirely sure what you mean by "build my own jQuery features", but if you know jQuery, you can use it just as you would in any other WordPress theme, or any other site for that matter.

Also I use some WP and WPMU DEV plugins, some of them are pretty substantial (like membership) and gravity forms, do they play well with Builder?

We have not had any reports of incompatibility with these plugins in the past years, so yes, these plugins work fine on Builder. We use Gravity Forms ourselves, and most themes even include styling for Gravity forms.

hope this clarifies, let us know if you have any other questions,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Guest_Marianne_*

Guest_Marianne_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:14 PM

THANK YOU! Just what I needed to know. I am in. :)

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 28,708 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:10 AM

that's good to hear!

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.