information

Category Page Pictures Ithemes Exchange

5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Edward_*

Guest_Edward_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:47 PM

Hello,
I have been testing the iThemes Exchange ecommerce for wordpress. Please let me know what plug in do I need to purchase or what method I need in order to display pictures of sale items on the store category page such as - http://www.1stlastonly.com/product-category/fine-gold-jewelry/ . All items in that particular category are listed properly but in text only.
Thank you
Edward

#2 andrewklimek

andrewklimek

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:16 AM

This is the problem I am facing and I believe a number of others as well.  Exchange seems to save its "Featured Images" as a custom meta type and not as the traditional WordPress "Featured Image."  This is a strange problem that I did not anticipate and it's basically hanging me up at the moment.

#3 Gerroald

Gerroald

iThemes Support

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 3,055 posts
  • LocationiThemes World HQ

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:36 AM

Hello Edward & Stereoscenis,

The category or archive pages are actually controlled by your theme, not by Exchange.  So there isn't a way to set this just in Exchange; you'd need to to edit your theme's archive template file.  Below is some links that I think you may find helpful.

add featured image to archive page

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/the_post_thumbnail

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Gerroald

#4 andrewklimek

andrewklimek

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

Hi Gerroald,

Thanks for the reply.  I am familiar with adding the featured image to a page layout, but when I do this no image is displayed.  

Are you saying that the_post_thumbnail is supposed to pull the Exchange product featured image?  If so then that's great, but something must be wrong with the product I've been testing with.

#5 trundlemedia

trundlemedia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:55 AM

I am having this issue as well with a custom theme I am integrating Exchange into.

in my functions.php i have

// Add featured image support
add_theme_support( 'post-thumbnails' );

and in the archive.php template in the loop I have

$post_id = get_the_ID();
the_post_thumbnail($post_id);

and no image is being displayed. If it works the same as featured images on posts why aren't the pictures displaying?

#6 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,192 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:33 PM

Hi all,

The featured images for your products and for your regular WordPress posts are different, so you'd add those images differently.  See how to do so here:  Exchange Codex:  How Do I Show the Product Featured Image on Archive/Category Pages

Thanks,

Elise

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: information

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users