information

Invoices Add-On

invoices add on

12 replies to this topic

#1 dawarden

dawarden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder, Exchange - Stripe, Premium Exchange Addon, Premium Exchange Addon
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:54 PM

Cool add/on. Question, though. How do you view outstanding invoices, or even previously sent-out invoices. I can send them out, I test that just fine, but I can't seem to locate already-published and created invoices.

Thanks.

#2 dawarden

dawarden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder, Exchange - Stripe, Premium Exchange Addon, Premium Exchange Addon
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:01 PM

Update: Oh, it saves invoices in "all products"... I see. You guys have thought of most everything. Very sleek set of plugins with this. Really enjoying the product so far!

#3 Gerroald

Gerroald

iThemes Support

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 3,354 posts
  • LocationiThemes World HQ

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:35 PM

Hello Dawarden,

Welcome to the iThemes Community Forum!

Thanks for the kind words! The whole team has brainstormed on how to make this the most easiest ecommerce plugin to use while covering every thing that's needed.

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Gerroald

#4 dawarden

dawarden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:54 PM

Well, all looks good so far. Only things I would love added:

1) The 'store' (main store page) have Categories on it, with the product image displaying. Using category slugs and all is great, but the product images don't load, it's not very fluid looking on the 'searching by categories' side of things.

2) Using products like this in the past, sometimes glitches happen when a user signs up. Whatever the case may be that caused it. Can one manually add (using the manual add-on) a product again to an account that already has it, or take away access, then readd it? I'm just trying to prepare myself for that kind of scenario, as often times the membership just needs to be reapplied again for some odd reason. Not sure if there is a trick to fixing an account that isn't able to see the membership product. In the past, readding it manually (when a purcahse doesn't initiate the membership properly) does the trick. I have used 2 other shopping cart plugins that occasionally encounter this, so I imagine it could have something to do with the gate way (ie, paypal not communicating properly with the plugin upon purchase), which means I can image it happening here (which wouldn't be exchange's fault necessarily, but a fix or manual strip/readd process could be useful). Make sense?

Sorry not to create a new topic, just figured I'd ask while I had you here.

#5 Glenn Ansley

Glenn Ansley

iThemes Plugin Developer

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Exchange - Stripe, Toolkit
  • 64 posts
  • LocationWake Forest, NC

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:19 PM

Hi Dawarden,
I just pushed a new version 1.0.2 that adds the Payment Status to the All Products screen for you. That should help you scan faster.

Also, it looks like that column isn't sorting correctly yet but that's a core exchange issue. We include that fix in the next release of Exchange.

Glenn

#6 dawarden

dawarden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:35 PM

View PostGlenn Ansley, on 19 December 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

Hi Dawarden,
I just pushed a new version 1.0.2 that adds the Payment Status to the All Products screen for you. That should help you scan faster.

Also, it looks like that column isn't sorting correctly yet but that's a core exchange issue. We include that fix in the next release of Exchange.

Glenn

Great, thanks. As for questions 1 and 2 just above your last comment?

1. As a customer, viewing the store, it would be great to show category groups some how? Ideas on how to accomplish this. I know you guys are adding to this everyday, no complaints seriously, but the ONLY thing it lacks thus far is in the looks department 'store' wise. I guess one could customize a page with all the products linking to the 'cart' pages, but if one has like 100 products, that could get tough, so just curious what's down the pipeline in regards to store layouts? Maybe I'm missing something you guys already have, this is very possible since Im still getting to know the product. Also, I don't want my cart on a sub domain or multi site type of thing, and since I don't want to change my theme just for the store, it would be SWEET to have the store category friendly.

Awesome work!

2. Do you know of a way to take a subscription away? There are plenty of scenarios, I won't waste your time with them, but is there a way to take back a manually added subscription? And, upon refund, is the refunded person stripped of their access so they don't get something for nothing?

#7 Glenn Ansley

Glenn Ansley

iThemes Plugin Developer

• Moderators
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:17 AM

Hi Dawarden,
I'm sorry. I didn't see those questions when responding.

The category view is an enhancement we're aware of and plan on making. For the subscription, are you talking about the recurring payments add-on? If so, you can cancel it at any point by going to Payment Details and clicking View Details for the subscription.

#8 dawarden

dawarden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:22 PM

View PostGlenn Ansley, on 20 December 2013 - 07:17 AM, said:

Hi Dawarden,
I'm sorry. I didn't see those questions when responding.

The category view is an enhancement we're aware of and plan on making. For the subscription, are you talking about the recurring payments add-on? If so, you can cancel it at any point by going to Payment Details and clicking View Details for the subscription.

Thanks for the reply. No, I'm not talking about recurring payments. I'm talking about these three scenarios, if you could address both it would be great.

1) Let's say "John Doe" is a user, and he helps out with my community and site and I decide I want to give him a manually added subscription, which I can do using the Manual Purchases Add-On. However, John Doe doesn't deserve access anymore. Is it possible to manually take away his subscription?

2) Sally buys my subscription. Sally doesn't like it. Sally wants a refund. I refund her. Now, does that take her subscription access away? If not, how do I do that? I don't want Sally getting continued access if she was refunded.

3) There have been times where plugins like this have occasional glitches, and users claim they bought, and it shows that they in fact did, and it shows that they have a subscription, but it isn't showing them the restricted content (almost as if the gateway, let's use Paypal in this example had, issues and didn't tell the plugin what the plugin needed to know ;) )... this is when being able to manually take away and re-add manually would be beneficial, as sometimes things just don't communicate after purchases, and this is with most all subscription plugins ive used. How would I go about troubleshooting or fixing (without bugging you guys for support) a person's subscription if:
a) I show they paid
B) they show they paid
c) they appear to have been given the subscription and show it
d) but they cannot view content that they should NOW be able to view...

So the big question to answer for No. 3 is, can one unravel the purchase and manually go through the motions again? Would you need to create a new username for the customer (then manually add the subscription, because they paid, then delete the old user and apply all 'comments/content' to that new user upon deleting the older username? I'm just trying to think ahead on this, because I know I'll eventually face this and without being able to manually take a subscription away, I won't be able to apply a subscription a second time to rectify an issue where it never was in fact added? Make sense?

#9 dawarden

dawarden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:18 AM

Bump :)

#10 Glenn Ansley

Glenn Ansley

iThemes Plugin Developer

• Moderators
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:28 AM

Hi Dawarden,
Let me try to address these. Please let me know if you need any further clarification.

1) If it was an offline payment method, you can change the status under Payment Details. If it was different payment method, you'll have to find the payment and delete it.
2) Yes - if you delete a payment, it deletes their access to downloads / memeberships / etc
3) Yes - Delete the transaction that is not working correctly and add it back through Manual Payments.

Glenn

#11 dawarden

dawarden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:25 AM

View PostGlenn Ansley, on 23 December 2013 - 08:28 AM, said:

Hi Dawarden,
Let me try to address these. Please let me know if you need any further clarification.

1) If it was an offline payment method, you can change the status under Payment Details. If it was different payment method, you'll have to find the payment and delete it.
2) Yes - if you delete a payment, it deletes their access to downloads / memeberships / etc
3) Yes - Delete the transaction that is not working correctly and add it back through Manual Payments.

Glenn

I read different in another topic, but great news. Glad this is in fact the case. Thanks, Glenn!!!

#12 Glenn Ansley

Glenn Ansley

iThemes Plugin Developer

• Moderators
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:42 PM

Let us know if you have any trouble.

#13 dawarden

dawarden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:48 AM

View PostGlenn Ansley, on 23 December 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

Let us know if you have any trouble.

Ok then, I am having trouble with what I described above. I refunded a purchase, yet the username still has full access to the membership pages that are locked down to those who have purchased the membership product. I'm not seeing how to take back the membership access in these situations.

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: information, invoices add on

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users