Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Support during Holidays:

During the Holidays (Dec. 22 - Jan. 2) our support staff will spend well-deserved time with their families and loved ones.

We can not guarantee the same level of support that you are used to.

Moderators will check in on the support forum, but response times may be longer than expected.

Your iThemes support team wishes you happy holidays!

resolved

Remove Buy It Now Functionality

Buy it now button add to cart

12 replies to this topic

#1 tonye

tonye

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Exchange - Stripe, Sync
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:27 PM

Hello, I would like to either remove the "buy it now" functionality and use only the "add to cart" function (I'm using the multipurchase addon), or change the buy it now button to immediately go to the checkout page.

I spent a lot of time going through the codex, and looking at the filter example, but I couldn't find any way to filter this. Can someone please point me in the right direction? I'd rather use a filter than have to move the files into my theme and modify them.

I appreciate any help!

Thank you,
Tony

#2 Glenn Ansley

Glenn Ansley

iThemes Plugin Developer

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Exchange - Stripe, Toolkit
  • 93 posts
  • LocationWake Forest, NC

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:05 AM

Hi tonye,
I don't think we've ever had anyone ask for this before. We'll provide you with a filter in the next release (probably early next week).

We'll put the instructions in the release notes on the codex.

#3 tonye

tonye

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:25 PM

View PostGlenn Ansley, on 27 December 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

Hi tonye,
I don't think we've ever had anyone ask for this before. We'll provide you with a filter in the next release (probably early next week).

We'll put the instructions in the release notes on the codex.

Thanks so much, Glenn! That's awesome.

Hopefully others will find it useful as well.

Thanks again and happy holidays!

Tony

#4 tonye

tonye

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:19 PM

Hello,

Since I posted this, I purchased the Dev Suite and have sinced installed the recurring payments (using Stripe). I noticed a bug, and also would like to see if this will be included in the next update.

It seems if you have recurring payments installed, it only shows the "buy now" button. The "add to cart" button is no longer an option. I would still like to be able to have the standard functionality as above (with both buttons showing, and the "buy now" going directly to checkout.

The bug happens when you click the "buy now" button, then click the "x" to remove the item (all happening in the superwidget on the single product page). Once you click the "x", both the "buy now" and "add to cart" button show. It seems if it only shows the "buy now" button then it should only show after deleting the item from the cart.

THank you,
Tony

#5 tonye

tonye

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:38 PM

Please delete this comment, thank you.

#6 Glenn Ansley

Glenn Ansley

iThemes Plugin Developer

• Moderators
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:25 AM

We released 1.7.11 with this filter. Details here: http://ithemes.com/codex/page/Exchange_Changelog#1.7.11

#7 tonye

tonye

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:02 PM

Hello,

Thanks for adding this filter...but it doesn't work with the recurring payments option.

I added "add_filter( 'it_exchange_disable_buy_now', '__return_true' );" to my functions.php file. It works great for standard products, but if the product is set for autorenew (tried with monthly), then all buttons disappear and there is no way to purchase the item at all.

Also, I'd like to request for future versions the option to either 1) remove the "buy it now" button, or 2) to keep it with the option of being redirected to the cart right away for checkout.

Thanks again for working on this!

#8 Glenn Ansley

Glenn Ansley

iThemes Plugin Developer

• Moderators
  • 93 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:26 AM

Hi,
If you're using the recurring payments add-on, you're going to have to use your own callback with the filter and use the second parameter (the product object) to decide if it should return true or false.

#9 tonye

tonye

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

Thanks Glenn, I'll have a go at it.

Happy New Year!

#10 tonye

tonye

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:15 PM

View PostGlenn Ansley, on 31 December 2013 - 07:26 AM, said:

Hi,
If you're using the recurring payments add-on, you're going to have to use your own callback with the filter and use the second parameter (the product object) to decide if it should return true or false.

Hi Glenn,

I'm trying to get this to work on an item with recurring payments. I'd like to show the "Add to cart" button, but remove the "Buy it now" button.

I'm a bit confused with your response. I understand this filter will hide the "Buy it now" button, and that I can remove per product, etc. The original post was asking about removing the "buy it now" button but keeping the "add to cart". This function take care of removing the "Buy it now" button (either per product or globally)...but that doesn't help me on a product with recurring payment.

If there's a recurring payment, the "Add to cart" button disappears...so removing the "buy it now" button leaves no option to purchase that product. If you're saying that there's no way to have a "Add to cart" button on a recurring item, then I can't use this filter for this product (or any product with recurring payments).

If that's the case, I'd like to request that feature for an upcoming release:
- option to display ONLY "Add to cart" button for all products, including recurring payments
- option to keep both buttons, but have "buy it now" button redirect to cart immediately for checkout

If I'm misunderstanding this, I apologize and would appreciate clarification, but it seems there's no option at all to have an "add to cart" button with recurring payments (which means I must keep the "buy it now" button active on that page).

Also, in the custom callback function, can you explain how $product is used (product id?)?

Thank you,
Tony

#11 Glenn Ansley

Glenn Ansley

iThemes Plugin Developer

• Moderators
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:01 AM

Hi Tony,
It is not possible to add add a recurring item to a cart. This is because when we submit to paypal, they will make the price of the whole transaction recurring, not just the single product. So if you had a monthly recurring $10 product in your cart plus a non-recurring $5 product in your cart when you checkout, paypal (or any transaction method) would make the recurring payment $15 a month... which would be incorrect. That's why the add-to-cart button is missing.

#12 tonye

tonye

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:08 PM

Hi Glenn,

Sorry for being thick...I understand now it's designed this way.

Just fyi, there are situations where you can still view the cart after the recurring payment has been 'buy it now'd'. From what I've seen, if you have a regular item in your cart, then add an item with a recurring payment, the regular item will be removed so only the recurring payment item can be processed.

I now understand that's by design, but I'd like to recommend that you add a warning message to let the buyer know that because of the way payment processors handle payments for recurring items, it must be purchased separately and the other items in the cart will be removed...or better yet, an option to continue and remove all items, or cancel. Something similar to how WooCommerce handles it with recurring payments.

Sorry to take up so much time on this...please mark this as resolved and please consider adding the warning message.

Thanks!

Tony

#13 ccody

ccody

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, BackupBuddy, Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:32 PM

Thanks for the Buy Now filter! Really appreciated Tony asking and the iThemes' developers coming up with this.
The buy now button was confusing for my needs.

Carol
Carol Cody WordPress Solutions
604 W Mary Street
Austin, TX 78704

512-217-0099
carol@carolcody.com

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resolved, Buy it now, button, add to cart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users