5 replies to this topic

#1 lisaleague

lisaleague

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:35 AM

I cannot get exchange to work on my site at all right now because registration will not work. If someone fills out the fields to register the page just returns with the fields empty again.

I was able to successfully test the Stripe checkout, but it worked because I was logged in at the time.

http://webdesignleag.wpengine.com/product/website-hosting/

Customer registration is set to Use Exchange Registration Only, and Default Checkout Form is set to Registration.

Guest Checkout is Disabled.

See screencast - https://www.dropbox.com/s/f0tuk1hurw30hh2/exchange.mp4

#2 Glenn Ansley

Glenn Ansley

iThemes Plugin Developer

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Exchange - Stripe, Toolkit
  • 64 posts
  • LocationWake Forest, NC

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:48 AM

Hi Lisa,
Have you tried temporarily disabling other plugins? It sounds like you might have a conflict.

#3 lisaleague

lisaleague

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:12 AM

Hi Glenn,

I removed just about everything, but some are Genesis plugins that are critical to the theme. Do you have a list of known theme or plugin conflicts I can review?

#4 Glenn Ansley

Glenn Ansley

iThemes Plugin Developer

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Exchange - Stripe, Toolkit
  • 64 posts
  • LocationWake Forest, NC

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:51 AM

Hi,
Non that I know of for sure. I would look for plugins that alter registration, user profiles, or security. Please let us know if you identify it.

#5 Rob Hess

Rob Hess

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:05 AM

Hi Lisa,

I know this is several months late, but I'm dealing with the same issue and I happen to also be on WP Engine and a Genesis theme. After some investigation (and deactivating both the theme and plugins), I believe the issue is a combination of different factors.

First, WP Engine installs Force Strong Passwords as part of their Wordpress installation. I don't believe you can deactivate it (it's part of the WP Engine panel, which isn't in the plugin list). In essence this means that if someone enters a password which Wordpress doesn't think is sufficiently strong, it will block the registration of that user. You can find information on WP Engine's use of that plugin a number of places, but this is official and recent confirmation that WP Engine uses Force Strong Passwords.

Second, Exchange registration (on all pages) clears the form fields if registration fails. You can see this confirmed in this thread, and you can find the feature request to change that here, although given the number of votes it doesn't seem likely that will be addressed anytime soon.

Third, Exchange registration on product pages (it looks like you are referring primarily to product pages) doesn't return any error messages at all when registration fails. When I tested this myself, I found that using the registration page gave me an error noting the password wasn't strong enough...but registering on the product page gave me no error at all.

Fourth, the password strength meter is not included on Exchange registration forms.

Sadly, there's not a lot of great options here right now. WP Engine probably won't be changing their plugin use soon (for security reasons) and it will likely take some time before iThemes addresses the other three issues. The best we can do is what Troy does to solve the problem in the thread I linked to...adding the password strength meter manually to the registration form. That just warns the user registering that his/her password isn't strong enough and will cause registration to fail.

Edit: Also note, there is this thread which deals with the same issue. You may be able to talk to to WP Engine support and find a resolution on their end.

Rob

#6 lisaleague

lisaleague

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:13 PM

Well now that Chris Wiegman is part of the team, this should be a definite part of the road map, not a user requested feature.

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users