Backup Buddy And Wpml

Backupbuddy wpml

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Max_*

Guest_Max_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:17 AM

Hello,

I was not able to find on your website whether BackupBuddy is compatible with WPML.
I mean, can BB backup/migrate multilingual website?

Thanks.
Max

#2 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes
  • 16,153 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:25 PM

Hi Max,

Yeah that should be fine.

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX

#3 Guest_Max_*

Guest_Max_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:40 PM

Hi Akers,

So that means I can set up a website with three languages under test domain and then simply migrate the entire website to another domain with no trouble. Am I right here?

Thanks,
Max

#4 Jeremy Trask

Jeremy Trask

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder, Members, Toolkit
  • 11,782 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:19 PM

Hi Max

If the WPML plugin is a standard WordPress plugin that stores it's data in the WordPress database in conventional form then you will be able to migrate that database content. You should ensure that there are no possible database compatibility issues between different hosting environments that may cause issues with character encodings if the site and/or hosting is not configured correctly. We would advise two things:

1) Check with the WPML developers concerning their plugin and that they can confirm no issues with plugin data when migrating to a different hosting environment or at least can tell you what possible issues to look out for; and

2) Do a test migration early in your development from your development environment to your live hosting environment to test for any issues and then if there are any problems you can consult the WPML developers about based on their answer(s) to your previous enquiry to them as above.

It's impossible to say with any such process that there will be "no trouble" because all hosting environments are different and we have no control over how they are configured - you do need to do some homework to make sure there is compatibility. One could only say based on our experience and subject to whatever answer you get from the WPML developers that the risks of any problem are low (or whatever) - but then that is the reason you purchase premium products in order to get support in case there are problems.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions, thanks.

Regards...jeremy

"Everything will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end."