Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

information

What's Happened To The Loopbuddy Section?

loopbuddy forums

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 gecko_guy

gecko_guy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:03 AM

Hello,

Am I going crazy, or is the Loopbuddy forum missing?

I wanted to see if I could get a bit more information about recent changes to Loopbuddy, and if it was actually worthwhile renewing my licence.

I need to make a decision soon to take advantage of the renewal discount, but the question is why do I need to renew it at all?

Unfortunately the Codex doesn't seem to be very up-to-date with the latest changes either, unless I missed something...

Please advise.

Thanks

Guy

#2 Gerroald

Gerroald

iThemes Support

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 3,490 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:15 AM

Hello Guy,

For access to the LoopBuddy Support Forum (and updates) you need to have an active license. Are there any specific updates or questions you're interested in?

Please let me know!

Thanks,

Gerroald

#3 gecko_guy

gecko_guy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:27 AM

Ahhhh! Of course! Thanks Gerroald, I thought I was going nuts for a sec there.

My licence has expired, so was thinking about renewing.

I'm not actually actively developing that site any more though, so I am just really wondering if there is anything important in the recent updates that make it necessary for me to renew..

I.e compatibility with Wordpress 3.8 etc.

Also if there have been any significant improvements in terms of:
  • database load
  • custom query improvements - speed etc
  • major bugfixes above version 1.4.15 which is what I am using.
  • Anything else you feel is significant or important.

Cheers

Guy

#4 Gerroald

Gerroald

iThemes Support

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 3,490 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:55 AM

Hey Guy,

There honestly hasn't been a lot of development since version 1.4.15, that version was just released about a month ago. There have been several behind the scenes bug fixes more directed at the integration with our updater system. I've attached a screen shot of the current change log. There will be on going development to improve LoopBuddy, the direction depends on developers sense of priority.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Gerroald

Attached Thumbnails

• LbChangeLog.png

#5 gecko_guy

gecko_guy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:01 PM

Thanks Gerroald, that answers the question.

I am all for staying current, but not just for the sake of it. Loopbuddy works fine for the site it is on right now, and although it is about to be updated to WP 3.8, and there will be the usual ongoing content updates, the structure is more or less static.

I'll keep an eye on things, and update to a newer version at a later date if it becomes necessary.

Kind regards

Guy