4 replies to this topic

#1 kwchin2002ithemes

kwchin2002ithemes

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:11 PM

How do we customize the pages in Exchange and/or what php files do we modify and where are they located?  (i.e. if we wanted to remove a field, add a field, remove the "Remember Me" checkbox, etc.)  

We are not an advance coder or developer, so if you could direct us step-by-step of what to do, that would be helpful of how we can customize them.

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,119 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:52 AM

Hi kwchin2002ithemes,

That's an awfully broad question, which makes it very difficult to answer!  :)  Without knowing specifically what you're wanting to change, I can't tell you what files to modify or where they are located.  In most cases you won't want to change the actual files, but copy them and upload the copy into a coordinating directory in your theme.  You'll see in the original file where to place your copies.  

While I'm happy to help, major changes such as this would be beyond the scope of this forum.  I can help point to the correct files and such, but the actual code and changes would be up to you to create.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 kwchin2002ithemes

kwchin2002ithemes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

Let's take for example, on the Exchange Generated Log-In page, how do you remove the Remember-Me checkbox and text?  What is the step by step process to do so?  

Do we need to theme Exchange first like prescribed in the Codex (http://ithemes.com/codex/page/Theming_Exchange_-_Getting_Started)

#4 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,119 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

Hi kwchin2002ithemes,

In your theme (wp-content/themes/YourTheme/), you'll create a new directory named "exchange."  Copy the fields.php file in exchange/lib/templates/content-login/loops/.  In that file, you'll see the complete directory listing you'll need to create in your theme.  You'll also see 'rememberme' in an array.  In the copy of fields.php that you'll upload to your new directory, remove 'rememberme' and its preceding comma from the array.

You'll find a fields.php file in exchange/lib/templates/super-widget-login/ which you'll want to do the same thing with.

Thanks,

Elise

#5 kwchin2002ithemes

kwchin2002ithemes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:41 PM

It is unclear how to customize an exchange generated page.  We understand what is stated in the Codex here (http://ithemes.com/codex/page/Theming_Exchange_-_Customize_Ghost_and_Product_Pages_Output). I presume it has to be done, but what else would we have to do to accomplish the below?  

Let's take for example, you want to customize the Exchange-generated Profile page and also assume you are using the Exchange-generated Purchases, Profile, and Downloads  Exchange-Generated pages.  We understand that if you disabled the Downloads page on the Settings Menu, the Downloads hyperlink will not show up when you are on the Exchange-generated Profile page.  However, if you kept the Downloads exchange-generated page active, and surfed onto the Exchange-generated Profile page, how would you eliminate the hyperlink that for example shows up to the Downloads and other related pages?

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users