Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Please Note:

The iThemes offices will be closed Thursday Nov. 27 and Friday Nov. 28 for Thanksgiving.

Support will be limited, as we allow our support staff to spend some well deserved time off with their families. The iThemes Support team wishes you a great Thanksgiving weekend.

resolved

No Option For Test Account

exchange stripe addon

5 replies to this topic

#1 ctabor1

ctabor1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationDunedin, FL - Tampa Bay area

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:34 PM

I'm following the video for set up, and in the video it shows a checkbox to enable test account in Exchange.  

I installed Exchange, added the Live Keys, but do not see the option to enable the test  environment.
The only thing I thought of is that the "webhook" is not yet added to the Stripe account.  But should that make a difference?

I was provided with both sets of "keys" by the client.  He set me up to be able to access Stripe, but apparently did not give me high enough permissions to see the API keys, or so I paste in the Webhook myself.

Thanks... here is a screenshot to show that there is no "test" option on this install. (all latest versions... but NOT installed on a Builder theme)...

http://awesomescreenshot.com/03d26cblf8

Christine

P.S. Where are the best tutorials to show how to:  a) have the main "store" landing page be a page that you select and already exists in the site
Christine Tabor - FLPedaler
ctabor@cltventures.com

#2 tonye

tonye

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Exchange - Stripe, Sync
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:47 PM

Hi there,

If you go to exchange > add-ons, then scroll down to the stripe add on you'll see a "gear" icon next to the "Enabled" button. Click that and scroll to the bottom and you'll see the checkbox to enable test mode.

For setting the main store page, go to exchange > settings, click the "pages" tab, under "Store Page" change the dropdown from "Exchange" to "Wordpress", select your page and add the shortcode that appears to your page. I'm not ithemes support and just started using this a week ago, so don't hold me to this, but I think these are what you're looking for :)

#3 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,876 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:51 PM

Hi Christine,

It looks like you're still in the Quick Setup Wizard.  To enable test mode, you need to go into Exchange > Add-ons > Stripe Settings (click the gear symbol to the left of the enabled button to access those settings).  There you'll be able to turn on test mode and paste in your API keys for test mode.

I'm not sure I understand the question in your P.S.  If you're wanting to use one of your WordPress pages as your store page, go into Exchange > Settings > Pages and change the page type for your store page to WordPress then select the page you'd like to use.  You can then copy the shortcode provided and paste it onto the page you selected.  If that's not what you were asking, just let me know and I'll help you out.  

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#4 ctabor1

ctabor1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:05 AM

Thanks... I've got that sorted out... and added 4 test products.. .and they are showing up on the preferred page of choice.  The issue I have now is that that settings for images for either click or hover don't do anything.  And if you are on product page and click on any extra images there, they don't move or enlarge or do anything.  This is not my site, and not an ithemes site, so this is either an Exchange bug, or a settings error, or a plug in conflict...?  Where should I start?   Do you know of any KNOWN conflicts that would cause this?

The site is behind a "coming soon" page, so I can't even give you a url to see... but here is a jing video to show what is happening... (or not happening)...
http://screencast.com/t/6U3QMfbz

And FYI, the settings I have for images on the settings page are:  enable pop up-YES and enable zoom-YES  (plus tried both hover and click, but neither worked).. I see the note about it needing a large image... do you know "how" large is considered large?  But either way, the pop up should work, right?

What is the ideal image size so it doesn't overwhelm the product box on the store page?  

My other question has to do with styling Exchange... is there a way to change size and/or margins or paddings between product boxes, or a way to make them not so "in your face"?  

And finally... why the extra step for purchasing?  
Store --> product page -->  buy now button (apparently we can't style that) --> THEN, the Pay and Download button (that I designated the copy for)...

Thanks for your help.

Christine
ctabor@cltventures.com

#5 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,876 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:02 PM

Hi Christine,

Can you start a new thread, please?  This is unrelated to the original top and we try to keep to one topic per thread.  

Once you start your new thread, we'll be happy to help you out!

Thanks,

Elise

#6 ctabor1

ctabor1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:51 PM

ok, no problem
ctabor@cltventures.com

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange Add-on - Stripe forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resolved, exchange stripe addon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users