Welcome to the forum:
Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!
Also take note of the forum guidelines.
Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.
What is included with support:
Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.
Posted 27 December 2009 - 02:19 AM
Now, I want to create a membership site with multiple levels of access from free to 2 or 3 price points. Also want an affiliate program built in.
I'm trying to figure out if I am better off using an all in one solution like igroops, social sam, goldbar, etc.... OR, if I should go with a word press site, using an itheme and wishlist member and 1shoppingcart to incorporate the membership and affiliate flexability.
I am trying to create a social media feel to the site.
Looking forward to your input... thanks!
Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:57 PM
I am the CEO of SocailSAM. I found your post through Google Alert. :-)
The difference between SocialSAM and using itheme or membergate or wishlist are as follows:
- SocialSAM is a hosted solution so you don't have to worry about backups, server down time, traffic spikes, virus, hackers, etc. so you can spend more time on your business.
- SocialSAM offers an unlimited number of levels of membership. I built 1Shoppingcart.com...so you know the degree of business insights needed to run a proper business. SocialSAM is built for business and the info marketer in mind. Like wishlist, it is pioneering the concept of a content drip mechanism so it feeds your users information...thus giving them reasons to stay in your network longer.
- It is an all in one solution...so you don't have to "frankenstein" everything together. It even has the ability for friends to invite friends into the network...thus growing your network automatically.
- We will be rolling out our integrated affiliate program within the next 3 months...so now each of your member is also an affiliate. Unlike traditional programs which force people to sell for you...when you have a social network..you can just have your members invite their friends to join the community (less salesy)...and let your system "upsell" their friends to premium membership. I am not sure if Wishlist can handle this.
- Wishlist does not have an integrated forum, classifieds, etc built in...nor ongoing improvements and development. I have 10 programmers working for me...which means you will constantly get new features rolled out.
And best of all, it is free to try us...and only $8/m to activate.
Let me know if you have any further questions. Just email me at george(at)socialsam.com.
Author of "The Social Marketing Manifesto"
Success Strategies for Small Businesses using Social Media