Christine--FLPedaler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationDunedin, FL - Tampa Bay area

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:00 PM

II chose a WP page to be the store page...
I added 4 test products.. .and they ARE showing up on the preferred page of choice.  

The issue I have is that that if you are on product page and click on any extra images there, they don't move or enlarge or do anything.  This is not my site, and not an ithemes site, so this is either an Exchange bug, or a settings error, or a plug in conflict...?  Where should I start?   Do you know of any KNOWN conflicts that would cause this?

The site is behind a "coming soon" page, so I can't give you a url to see... but here is a jing video to show what is happening... (or not happening)...
http://screencast.com/t/6U3QMfbz

And FYI, the settings I have for images on the settings page are:  
   enable pop up-YES and
   enable zoom-YES  

But, the settings for images for either click or hover don't do anything.  (tried both hover and click, but neither worked).
I saw the note about it needing a large image for zoom... but, do you know "how" large is considered large?  
Regardless, the pop up should work, right - or if you click on an alternate image, it should either pop up, go into the  main image box or something like that?  

What is the ideal image size for a product? ... would it prefer to not overwhelm the product box on the store page..
Which brings me to a related question - and has to do with styling Exchange... is there a way to change size and/or margins or paddings between product boxes, or a way to make them not so "in your face"?  Maybe even add dividers or background colors so they don't seem so close together?

Thanks for your help.
Christine
Christine Tabor - FLPedaler
ctabor@cltventures.com

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,440 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:47 PM

Hi Christine,

The issue could be related to a theme conflict or a plugin conflict.  There aren't any known conflicts with this (it's actually the first time I've had this reported).  I'd start by testing for a theme conflict by temporarily activating one of the WordPress default themes like Twenty Fourteen.  If that doesn't correct the issue, then try testing for a plugin conflict by deactivating all of your plugins except for Exchange and see if it works properly.  If it does, reactivate your other plugins one at a time, testing Exchange each time, to see which plugin is creating the conflict.

The bullets (you mentioned in the video) you are seeing next to the product images are coming from your theme.

There isn't necessarily an ideal size that we list for product images.  For the your featured images that will display on the store page, we recommend that they are the same size, just to keep things a little more uniform.  You can target the images on the store page using the class .it-exchange-featured-image in your CSS if you want to edit them.  A large image, according to WordPress, is 1024 x 1024.  You don't need them to be that large necessarily, but, as you said, the larger images allow for zoom.  

I'm not sure what you mean by "product boxes."  Are you talking just about how the products display on the store page?  If so, you can target the products using the class .it-exchange-product.  What you'll want to do is create a directory name exchange in your theme and then upload a file name style.css with any of your custom styles.  

Let me know how the conflict testing goes.

Thanks,

Elise

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: in progress, exchange, product images, exchange styling, exchange css

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users