Christine--FLPedaler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationDunedin, FL - Tampa Bay area

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:08 PM

I am not sure if this is a Stripe thing or generally an Exchange thing, since I'm new to Exchange...

In the set up, you ask what I want the button to say, and so I did. (Purchase and Download)...
Yet, when you want to buy the product, you have to do an extra step.

Not sure I understand the reason for this... is it because there is a shopping cart you can ADD to?  If so, shouldn't it state that somewhere?  I found myself confused as a prospective buyer.

Store --> product page -->  buy now button (apparently we can't style that) --> THEN, the "Pay and Download" button (that I designated the copy for)...

Why the extra step for purchasing, and is there a way to change this?  

Christine

P.S. I think I heard someone say there was an update to Exchange, yet when you go to download it, there is  no version number. How do I determine if I'm running the latest version?. Will it show up in my WP Plug in page as needing to be updated?  Perhaps my inquiry has been addressed already.
Christine Tabor - FLPedaler
ctabor@cltventures.com

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,240 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:55 PM

Hey Christine,

The reason for the two steps in the checkout process - if your customer isn't registered/logged in, they will be asked to do so after hitting the Buy Now button.  Then, even if they are logged in, many store owners have multiple payment options (offline payment and Stripe, etc.).  So the customer can then chose their payment option.

You can also allow them to add items to a cart by going into Exchange > Add-ons and enabling the Multi-item Cart Add-on.  Then, on the product page, you'll see the Buy Now button along with a Add to Cart button.  

You can style the Buy Now button.  Not having access to your site, it makes it difficult to help, but start with the .buy-now-button class.  

The most recent Exchange release came out today, version 1.7.13.  You should see this version number on your plugins page in your dashboard.  

Exchange Version.png

And you should see a notification on your plugin page when an update is available for Exchange.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 jgerst

jgerst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:28 PM

You can style the Buy Now button.  Not having access to your site, it makes it difficult to help, but start with the .buy-now-button class.  

Can you explain how to style both the Buy Now and Add to Cart gray default buttons? Not following "start with the buy-now-button class."

#4 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,240 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:41 AM

Hi jgerst,

.buy-now-button is the class name you'd use to style the Buy Now button.  To style the Add to Cart button, you'd use the class .add-to-cart-button.  So those are the class names you'd use to style the buttons.  

To help you further, I'd need to know your site url and what exactly you're trying to do.

Thanks,

Elise

#5 jgerst

jgerst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:04 PM

I'm having the same question. To clarify, wouldn't just having the Add to Cart button suffice as upon checkout, if the person isn't a member they would have to register, or doesn't it work that way?

Also, I'm not understanding this:
".buy-now-button is the class name you'd use to style the Buy Now button."

Can you be more explicit in directions on
1/ eliminating the Buy Now button
2/ styling the Add to Cart button

my site is www.comm-tell.com.

Thanks,

#6 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,240 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:22 PM

Hi jgerst,

Whether using the Buy Now or the Add to Cart button, customers either have to register or login.  You can also use the Guest Checkout add-on.  If they are only buying the one product, the Buy Now button means they don't have to go through the extra step of adding it to the cart before purchasing.  But again, they would still have to register or log in.

You can remove the Buy Now button from all products by adding the following code to your functions.php file:

add_filter( 'it_exchange_disable_buy_now', '__return_true' ); 

A class name is a type of selector you would use to style your content.  You can read more about CSS here:  http://ithemes.com/codex/page/CSS  And, more specifically, you can read about the class CSS selectors here:  http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/sel_class.asp

Here's an example of the CSS you'd use to style the Buy Now button:

.buy-now-button {
background: blue;
}

When adding your custom styles, you'll want to create a directory in your theme folder name "exchange."  Then you'll create a file named style.css, add your custom CSS and then upload the file to the exchange directory you created.  

Thanks,

Elise

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users