Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Support during Holidays:

During the Holidays (Dec. 22 - Jan. 2) our support staff will spend well-deserved time with their families and loved ones.

We can not guarantee the same level of support that you are used to.

Moderators will check in on the support forum, but response times may be longer than expected.

Your iThemes support team wishes you happy holidays!

Paypal Payment Not Recurring...

paypal recurring

3 replies to this topic

#1 davamb

davamb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

Hi there,

I'm using Exchange for the first time. All is going well, as far as setup is concerned, custom style sheet, layout, etc.

BUT when I run a test purchase, it is processed correctly and everything happens as it should...except that the recurring payment doesn't seem to be set up as a recurring payment in the customer's Paypal account.

Additional info: I am using your filter [ add_filter( 'it_exchange_disable_buy_now', '__return_true' ); ] to suppress display of the Buy Now button. Could this be the reason?

I need people to be able to adjust quantity, so I have the cart setup to allow this (the buy now button doesn't give this option).

If this isn't the issue, is there anything else I can check?

Thanks,
David

#2 lewayotte

lewayotte

iThemes Plugin Developer

• Moderators
  • Others: Administrators
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:17 AM

David,

By default, Recurring Payment products can only be purchased individually. The plugin actually filters out the add-to-cart button and only uses the buy-now button. The reason for this is because there is no way to make a distinction between a cart with two (or more items) in it with a mixture of recurring and non-recurring products -- or recurring products with different terms.

I'm interesting in your use case though. What sort of recurring products are you selling that would require the user to adjust the quantity?

Thank you.
Lew

#3 davamb

davamb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:48 AM

Hi Lew,

Thanks for the reply. Although it isn't the one I really wanted, I thought that may be the case!

I am going to offer a subscription service where people pay a monthly fee based on the number of installations they want me to cover. On this particular site, I will only be offering these subscription/membership products at this time, so every product will have recurring payments. Even if I offer an upsell (which is another thing I'm thinking of), it will be a recurring one.

From other posts on the forum, it seems that other people are also looking for a similar ability to have a monthly charge with an adjustable quantity.

Best wishes,
David

#4 davamb

davamb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:59 PM

Quick idea/solution...

I'm thinking that instead of having people change quantities in the cart, I could use your Customer Pricing plugin to give customers the opportunity to select the number is installations they want included by radio button.

This is actually a more elegant solution for me.

Thanks,
David

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: paypal, recurring

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users