resolved

Can Exchange Be Used For Seminar Registration Payments?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_pat_*

Guest_pat_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:25 PM

Can Exchange be used for seminar registration payments for attendees? There will be no digital download, or product, or membership.

I do not see an option for this type of service in Exchange.   Thank You.

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,518 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:17 PM

Hi Pat,

There is also the Simple Product product type that you can use that is a core add-on in Exchange.  However, there isn't a product type built specifically for seminar registration.  You can use the Simple Product product type (or any product type) to allow your customers to pay for their spot, but there isn't a registration option other than the basic site registration.

Let us know if this helps or if you have any additional questions.  

Thanks,

Elise

#3 leadergroup

leadergroup

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Webdesign, Toolkit
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:48 AM

The simple product that I have added in exchange is not coming up on the website.  I do see the simple product under 'all products' as the Admin, but as a customer, I do not see the page.    

(1)  How does the customer get access the exchange product page I have created on my website?   Is there a video tutorial that shows this?

Also, I do not see where the customer must add in their name and email address so that the information is captured, and later passed on through the gateway and Email Autoresponder with Aweber.     Thank You.

#4 Glenn Ansley

Glenn Ansley

iThemes Plugin Developer

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Exchange - Stripe, Toolkit
  • 64 posts
  • LocationWake Forest, NC

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:37 AM

Hi, could you provide a link to the site you have exchange installed on for me?

#5 leadergroup

leadergroup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:34 PM

Hello --- The link is www.lifetimeseminars.com.

I will itemize the steps I have taken thus far for you:

(1)  I created a Wordpress page with a seminar overview.  This seminar is a product.  At the bottom of this page, there is a buy now button.  

(2)  I installed the Exchange plugin on this site, and successfully added a seminar (as a simple product).  I don't know what the url is for this simple product that I added so I cannot add the url to the Buy Now button on the seminar overview page.

(3)  I would like the Buy Now button on the seminar overview page to link to the simple product I added in Exchange.  I am not able to add the link to the 'Buy Now' button because don't know what that link is.   What am I missing???

Thank you for your support.

#6 Glenn Ansley

Glenn Ansley

iThemes Plugin Developer

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Exchange - Stripe, Toolkit
  • 64 posts
  • LocationWake Forest, NC

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:25 AM

Hi,
The product page for your seminar is http://lifetimeseminars.com/product/osha-compliance-made-simple/

I found this buy going to http://lifetimeseminars.com/store

If you want to remove it from the store page, you can do it by following the 'Visibility' instructions here: http://ithemes.com/codex/page/Adding_Products_in_Exchange#Step_6:_Publish_Your_Product.

If you want to disable your store page you can do that in Exchange -- > Settings --> Pages. More information here: http://ithemes.com/codex/page/Exchange_Pages_Settings

#7 leadergroup

leadergroup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:43 PM

Thank you, Glenn for the link.   Your support is much appreciated.  

There is another problem, however.  How do I remove the date shown at the top left of the page, the person's login name, and "Edit" link (above the page title) from this detail page?  Anyone who accesses this page would be able to get into the back office and modify this page!

Thanks again, for your support.

#8 leadergroup

leadergroup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:56 PM

Hi Glenn,

Please see my response above.   There is something else I failed to mention in that response.  It is as follows:

At the bottom of the detailed description page, "Filed Under"  appears.   This was not put into the detailed description page.   Since this is an EDIT page, one would assume that both the date, person's login name, and Edit link that shows above the page title on the detail page, as well as the Filed Under showing at the bottom of the detail page... after the description, should go away with an appropriate page link for the customer who is reviewing the details.

Thanks again, for your support.

#9 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,518 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:24 PM

Hi leadergroup,

Can you provide me with login credentials for your site?  Without being logged in, I can't see the Edit link.  You can email them to me at elise@ithemes.com or PM them to me here on the forum.  Be sure to include a link to this thread so I know what the message is in regards to.  

Thanks,

Elise

#10 leadergroup

leadergroup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

Hi Elise,

Strange, but after I applied the latest upgrade to Exchange, when I pulled up my site, I no longer see the EDIT link on the detail page.  So Edit is no longer an issue.

However, these are the problems I am still having:
While the Edit link is no longer on the detail page for OSHA Compliance Made Simple, it still shows my login name to the world, after the date. Anyone who accesses that page sees the login name after the date.  

The only way I am able to add a product is with an ADMIN user level.  

(1) How do I eliminate the date and login name on the detail page the prospective attendee sees?

(2)  At the end of the detail page, the last line of the page says "Filed Under".  It automatically was placed there by Exchange.  I did not place it.- It should  not be there for the prospective attendee to see.

(3)  If the prospective attendee does not create a login account....at this point I have turned off that option as it is not necessary for a one time purchase.... where, and at what point, is their name and email address captured and sent to my Email provider for an autoresponder series?

#11 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,518 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:19 PM

Hi leadergroup,

I'm going to give you some CSS to fix some of these issues.  When styling in Exchange, you'll want to create a directory in your theme named "exchange."  Then you'll create a file named style.css which you'll upload with your changes into the new directory.  This way, when you update Exchange, you won't lose any of your changes.  

1.)  To hide the date and your name, try adding this to your style.css file:

.it_exchange_prod .entry-meta {
display: none;
}

2.)  The "Filed Under" text is not coming from Exchange.  My guess would be that another plugin or your theme is placing that there, but "Filed Under" isn't in Exchange anywhere.  You can hide this using the following css (very similar to the previous code):

.entry-categories {
display: none;
}

3.)  When someone makes a purchase, whether they register or you use the Guest Checkout option, their email address is stored on your Payment Details page.

Payment Details Guest Checkout.png

It's not actually sent anywhere, however, unless they've checked the box to sign up for your email newsletter using one of the email add-ons (MailChimp, AWeber, etc.).  But their name isn't actually collected.  

Hope this answers all of your questions, but let us know if you have any others.

Thanks,

Elise

#12 leadergroup

leadergroup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:02 PM

Thank you, Elise.  That helps a lot.

Your excellent support is very much appreciated.  
Have a nice day.
Pat

#13 leadergroup

leadergroup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:19 PM

Hi Elise,
Is there a way for me to change the organization of the seminars in my store?  As I add a new seminar, it will push the older seminars to the bottom of the list and push the newest one to the top.  That's not necessarily the way the seminars should appear.....  It's actually the opposite.

Also, is there a way to 'feature' a particular seminar?  That is something we may want to do from time to time.  The featured seminar would change, depending upon the market we are looking to attract.

Thanks again, Elise, for you excellent support.

Pat

#14 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,518 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:34 PM

Hey Pat,

There isn't a way to change the order the products appear in at this time.  It has been added as a feature request, however, which you can vote for on the Exchange Roadmap.

There isn't a featured product option in Exchange, either, but I can definitely add that as a feature request as well.  

Thanks,

Elise

#15 leadergroup

leadergroup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:21 PM

Thanks for the heads up, Elise.  I voted for it on the Exchange Roadmap.

Is there a way to integrate with Authorize.net?  

Thanks again,
Pat

#16 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,518 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:15 AM

Hey Pat,

There is an Authorize.net add-on, if that's what you're asking.  It's a third party add-on, so it's not available in the Toolkit or any iThemes package and would have to be purchased individually.  

Thanks,

Elise

#17 leadergroup

leadergroup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:54 AM

Yes, that is what I was looking for.... thank you so much.  

Am I able to use more than one gateway with Exchange; Authorize Net and Paypal?

Is there an add on for Clickbank?  I do not see it.

Thanks, Elise.  Have a great weekend.
Pat

#18 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,518 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:38 AM

Hey Pat,

Yes, you can use more than one payment gateway at a time.  There is not, however, an add-on for Clickbank.  This is a feature request on our Exchange Roadmap, though, if you'd like to vote for it.

We've strayed quite a bit from the original topic of this thread, so I'm going to go ahead and shut it down.  We try to keep it to only one subject per thread.  If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask, you'll just need to start a new thread.  

Thanks,

Elise

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resolved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users