License Issue I Think

backup buddy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gary Stackhouse

Gary Stackhouse

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:25 PM

Dear Sirs,
I originally purchased an unlimited license for backup buddy in 2011 -  My understanding is that i could use it for unlimited sites --- forever.  After one year there would be no updates and no premium support.
I licensed about 20 or so sites with it and it's been a life saver.

I went to my wordpress control panel today on cabaretproductioncompany.com  and the backupbuddy tab was missing....its like the license was now gone....i still have my last three backups....but cant access settings for making new backups, etc.

And..I get an error message
you have already generated all the keys you have available or your licenses have expired. Please obtain additional licenses or unlicense a site. ERROR L14513-JW

I dont understand...and, I can't generate any additional keys..but this was a site that had been licensed. and shouldnt need a new key.  All of my other sites still work fine.

could you explain or help.?

Gary Stackhouse

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 29,985 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:47 AM

Hi Gary,

once your license expires, you can't license the product anymore, or generate new keys. Backupbuddy however will continue to function as it did, for as long as you want, on as many sites as you want. You just won't have access to product updates and premium support anymore.

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.