Learndash: How Do Protect Lessons Of Course?

learndash exchange

2 replies to this topic

#1 vsberkeley

vsberkeley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Builder, Exchange - Stripe, Premium Exchange Addon
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:26 PM

I have installed the learndash plugin and integrated the ithemes exchange product but I am not seeing a way to protect the individual lesson pages. I setup the course as a product in exchange.

the learndash site the recommend wishlist member. So maybe they've not gotten around to noting that ithemes can protect the lesson content too, or can it?

In my digging around, I see only the option to protect based on a membership option. Does that mean that each course has to be set up as a membership in order to protect the individual course pages (called lessons)?

I would like to understand how ithemes change/learndash treats the following:

a program: a collection of courses
a course: a collection of lessons

If a user buys my program "how to be a dog trainer" and it has 5 courses, then the user would have access to all the courses.

If a user buys my course, "teaching your dog to sit" the the user should see the course sessions.

Also, I think a section called learndash needs to be created in the exchange plugins area of the forum.

Thanks in advance.

V.

#2 vsberkeley

vsberkeley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Builder, Exchange - Stripe, Premium Exchange Addon
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:56 PM

Okay. So i tested it as a membership item instead of a product and it only partly protected the lessons in  the course.

The screen shot below shows what i got.

Attached Thumbnails

• ithemes-learndash01.jpg

#3 lewayotte

lewayotte

iThemes Plugin Developer

• Moderators
  • Others: Administrators
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:33 AM

Hi V.

The Learndash developers wrote the addon for iThemes Exchange. You'd probably have better luck contacting them about how to it integrates with Exchange and the Membership Add-on.

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: learndash, exchange

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users