Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

resolved

Exchange Issue With Payment And Others

6 replies to this topic

#1 migdalia01

migdalia01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:26 PM

Hello Elise!

I've launched this site and here are the issues with the membership page:   http://proballsnapshots.com

1. When we go to "Join Now" page and click on the View Details (product) we go the Registration page.  Two things there:
  • There are two buttons.  One to "Register" and one to "Log In".
  • Client and her customers are getting confused.  At this point they want only the REGISTER button.  How do I go about taking the LOG IN button out of this page?
2. The user is able to click login on any page and register.  Once registered, they are able to access the restricted page (Play PS) without paying.  It's a paid membership, hence client must pay first then be able to play.

Click on Login > click register > complete the registration> I can go to Play PS (a restricted page)  <---HUGE ISSUE

3. Client wants the user to Pay first then register or both happen simultaneously

4. When some members complete the paying process, they receive a receipt from PayPal, however the information is not showing in the Exchange dashboard. They can't access the "Play PS" page because it does not register in the backend they they have paid.  This has worked properly for some members and not for others.

5.  Is there a way to add to the "username" area the following:  "Create your username".  Client thinks "username" is too vague.

6.  When a paid member goes to the login page, it asked for again, and again for the login.  It continues to loop and ask for the login.

7.  Is there a way to take off the "website" field and the "confirm password" from the form?

Elise, I really need to solve some of these issues immediately as this site is live and the client is claiming they are losing money on theses issues.

Many of these issues don't happen when logged in as administrator, however will send you an email with the credentials.

Thank you so much.

MJ
Migdalia Johnson

#2 lewayotte

lewayotte

iThemes Plugin Developer

• Moderators
  • Others: Administrators
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:36 PM

Hey Elise,

I'll try to answer your questions in-line...

View PostMigdalia Johnson, on 20 January 2014 - 02:26 PM, said:

1. When we go to "Join Now" page and click on the View Details (product) we go the Registration page.  Two things there:
  • There are two buttons.  One to "Register" and one to "Log In".
  • Client and her customers are getting confused.  At this point they want only the REGISTER button.  How do I go about taking the LOG IN button out of this page?

Unless you want to hide this with CSS, you'll have to add a custom template.

This is a the wiki article with a brief description of what to do - http://ithemes.com/codex/page/Theming_Exchange_-_Adding_Custom_Templates

Basically, create a folder called "exchange" in your theme folder, add the template files you want to modify from the ithemes-exchange/lib/templates directory and modify them as you see necessary.

So you'd create something like - content-registration/elements/login.php and make login.php an empty PHP file.
The same would be true with super-widget-registration/elements/login.php if you're using the Super Widget.

2. The user is able to click login on any page and register.  Once registered, they are able to access the restricted page (Play PS) without paying.  It's a paid membership, hence client must pay first then be able to play.

Click on Login > click register > complete the registration> I can go to Play PS (a restricted page)  <---HUGE ISSUE

When I register an account and go to the Play PS page, I can see the content. When I go to that same page when I'm not logged in, I get this message: "You must be logged in to play!" -- That isn't the typical membership content restriction message. Have you modified it? Or can you describe how this page has it been restricted? The membership restriction functionality restricts the post or page's content. So if this page is using a custom template to display content in a unique way, it will not be protected. You'd have to do some custom coding to prevent access.

3. Client wants the user to Pay first then register or both happen simultaneously

Unfortunately, it would take a lot of custom development to pursue either scenario.

4. When some members complete the paying process, they receive a receipt from PayPal, however the information is not showing in the Exchange dashboard. They can't access the "Play PS" page because it does not register in the backend they they have paid.  This has worked properly for some members and not for others.

Do you have the PayPal IPN setup?

5.  Is there a way to add to the "username" area the following:  "Create your username".  Client thinks "username" is too vague.

You can add custom templates like I mentioned above. Or you can use a filter to modify the output. This would probably be the easiest filter to use: it_exchange_theme_api_registration_username should work.

Here's some sample code:

function custom_it_exchange_theme_api_registration_username( $result, $Option ) {
	$result = '<label for="user_login">Create your username<span class="it-exchange-required-star">*</span></label><input type="text" id="user_login" name="user_login" value="" />';
	return $result;
}
add_filter( 'it_exchange_theme_api_registration_username', 'custom_it_exchange_theme_api_registration_username', 10, 2 );

6.  When a paid member goes to the login page, it asked for again, and again for the login.  It continues to loop and ask for the login.

Are they unable to log in? I'm not sure what you're experiencing. I logged in with my registered account (not paid) and it worked fine.

7.  Is there a way to take off the "website" field and the "confirm password" from the form?

The "website" field isn't part of our registration template. The two password fields are technically required, though you could probably use some jQuery to fake the second one. Other than that, if you want to modify those fields, like above you can either modify the templates or use a filter to remove the fields. Similar to the filter above, you'd use it_exchange_theme_api_registration_FUNCTION where FUNCTION is what you're trying to filter. Checkout api/themes/registration.php to get the function names and use the code I pasted above as a guide.

I hope this helps.

#3 migdalia01

migdalia01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:34 PM

Hi,

When I register an account and go to the Play PS page, I can see the content. When I go to that same page when I'm not logged in, I get this message: "You must be logged in to play!" -- That isn't the typical membership content restriction message. Have you modified it? Or can you describe how this page has it been restricted? The membership restriction functionality restricts the post or page's content. So if this page is using a custom template to display content in a unique way, it will not be protected. You'd have to do some custom coding to prevent access.

I was able to register as another user and it took me directly to the Play Ps page without paying.

The "You must be logged in to play!"  is from the Gravity Forms.  I have the "Play PS" restricted and no one should be able to address the game without paying.  The post the game is on is also restricted to the membership, hence I don't know where the issue is.

I'm going to send you an email with my credentials so you can take a look at it.

Thank you for your quick response and help!

MJ
Migdalia Johnson

#4 lewayotte

lewayotte

iThemes Plugin Developer

• Moderators
  • Others: Administrators
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:52 AM

Hey Migdalia,

Thanks for sending me the log in information. I was able to log in and figure out the problem. In the Membership addon settings, you had a check on "Show content excerpt?". Your post didn't have a technical excerpt, so it generated one automatically, which displayed the gravity form on that page as the "excerpt". I removed the check, saved the settings and the content is blocked properly now.

#5 migdalia01

migdalia01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:37 AM

Wow!  Thank you so much.

I did not even know that part of the membership existed...is that a default setting?  I'm grateful you found it.

Now, I'm encountering a different issue.  Now the client can't see anything (which is good) but I don't want to give them Administrator rights.  When I give her Editor (or any other) rights she still can't see the game.  I've installed AAM to see if it solved the issue, however I'm not able to unlock the post for editors.  Is there a way within iThemes or Exchange I can do that?  Keep in mind posts are only for paid members to see, hence they're restricted.

Thank you so much for your help.
Migdalia Johnson

#6 migdalia01

migdalia01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

Hi!

Any word on how I can accomplish an Editor to see Exchange for the client?  As I mentioned before I don't want to give them Administrator rights.

Thank you,

MJ
Migdalia Johnson

#7 migdalia01

migdalia01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:31 PM

Hi,

Never mind! AAM will work for me!

Thank you!
Migdalia Johnson

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resolved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users