Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

information

Adding Same Product To Multiple Customers/members All At Once

Recurring Billing Memberships

4 replies to this topic

#1 dlietz

dlietz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

Here is the use case scenario I would like to achieve in a Builder site setup with the Exchange Plugin...

We sell customers into a recurring $x per month membership product that entitles them to receive our monthly video tutorials from the date they join and forward. But they are not entitled to receive access to any of the monthly tutorials that were published previous to the date that they signed up as a member. They would have to purchase those back issues separately if they wanted to have them added to their account.

The best analogy for this type of membership model is how print magazines are sold. You pay your money and then start receiving new issues from that point forward. All of the Back Issues are not automatically sent to new subscribers, but they are available for purchase if desired.

Now I know that the Exchange Membership Add-on probably cannot be configured to protect our content as I described above... but can some one tell me if there is a way to make the following process work...

At the beginning of every month, we do a manual query of the database to generate a list of all customers who have signed up for recurring billing... AND that have payment accounts which are in good standing (i.e. they have not cancelled their recurring billing agreement with us).

We have 1000 members so it won't be feasible for us to go through each customer account one by one, to add the latest new release tutorial product. So... I need a way to "push a button" so to speak, that will add the latest new release tutorial product to all 1000 members at once. We will need to do this procedure once per month.

Is there a way to do this in Exchange, out of the box?

Or is this something that LoopBuddy could do?

Or would this be a fairly easy plugin to create, if I were to job it out to someone that knew what they were doing?

Or maybe there is another solution that I have not thought of?

Thanks in advance for any help I can get on this.

Doug

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,699 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:25 PM

Hi Doug,

I'm not sure this is exactly what you're asking for, but you can add restricted content to membership products at anytime and then the customers who have that particular product would have access to it.  

I'm not really how sure LoopBuddy would help.  I guess you could restrict a page to your membership product and use LoopBuddy on that page.  You could then add the post id (or somehow include that new post/content) to your query.  I'd have to test this, so I can't say for sure that LoopBuddy would really help with what you're needing.  

You can definitely have the add-on built for you if you'd like, but I can't really say whether or not that would be an easy plugin to build never having built it.  :)  

Let us know if you have any additional questions or if I've misunderstood what you're needing.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 dlietz

dlietz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:08 PM

Thanks for your response Elsie.

The Digital Product ID's would need to be added to the Customers' accounts as if they had bought the products as individual purchases with lifetime access.

So... when it comes time for a customer to cancel their recurring billing, I would want them to continue to have access to access to all of the products that had been added to their account right up until the point that they cancelled their recurring billing agreement. But upon cancellation, they would also stop receiving access to any new products that are released.

From what I understand about the Exchange Membership Addon, I don't think it will work for this purpose.

Would you be able to point me in the right direction in terms of finding someone who knows their way around Exchange (under the hood), that I could get to build me a script or a plugin to perform the functionality I am looking for?

Thanks,
Doug

#4 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,699 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:35 PM

Hey Doug,

You are correct, Exchange cannot do what it is that you're wanting.  

As for someone who can build something like this for you, I don't know of anyone at this time.  You can post in the Market Place forum and see if there is someone there who might be able to help you out.

Thanks,

Elise

#5 dlietz

dlietz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:18 PM

OK thanks.

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: information, Recurring Billing, Memberships

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users