Fixed Time Period For All Memberships

time period membership exchange

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 mattsanders

mattsanders

• Members
  • Others: Exchange - Stripe
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:37 PM

Hi All,

I'm considering the membership addon for exchange but there are a couple key requirements that i'd need for it to work on this project. Please could you let me know if you've done anything similar or have any words of warning.

The site must have:

- paid membership options, these will be for fixed time periods (e.g. January to December or June to December) and will remain the same throughout the year.
- members should be able to buy physical products that general public cannot.

This project needs to have these time periods defined across all accounts no matter what point throughout the year they're activated.

The project is for a club that wants to offer paid memberships, the club's events run in seasons, so being able to dictate the start and end date of the membership period (regardless of when it is activated) is important. I know the Memberships addon provides the ability to offer membership for 1 month or 1 year from the date of purchase etc..., but I couldn't see the above functionality listed anywhere.

Thanks in advance,
Matt

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,231 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

Hi Matt,

With the Membership Add-on, you can create paid membership products.  And with the Recurring Payments add-on, you can set the memberships so that they expire after one month or one year.  Unfortunately, you can only set it so that it expires one month or one year from the date of purchase.  So you can't set it specifically to run from January to December.  

At this time, you can't restrict products to members only for purchase.  It has been added as a feature request which you can view and vote for on the Exchange Roadmap, but I don't have a timeline for if/when that feature will be added.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise