Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

in progress

How To Display Store Products By Category?

store display products categories

5 replies to this topic

#1 jgerst

jgerst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:24 PM

I just fired up Exchange with all the add-ons. I can place products into categories, but there doesn't seem to be a way to display those categories on the Store page. I tried using the product category widget but the links take you to "Blog Archives" pages where product titles and a short graph of text show. Another click from there takes you, finally, to the actual product page.  Is this odd link to a Blog Archives page due to the theme I'm using, or ... ? Am I missing something? I was expecting to be able to see all the product categories on the Store page, click on each and see all the products offered. How else can we present a coherent picture of our store's contents?

Surely I'm not the first with this question. How are other's working around this serious store shortage and creating well-designed, intuitive store fronts?

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,775 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:11 AM

moving this to the Exchange support forum: http://ithemes.com/forum/forum/207-exchange-ecommerce-plugin/ for better exposure

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,699 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:12 AM

Hi jgerst,

This isn't an option in Exchange at this time.  It has, though, been added as a feature request, which you can vote for on the Exchange Roadmap.  You'll see this is feature is in our Planned Features column.  I don't, however, have a timeline for when it will be added.  

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#4 zengo

zengo

• Members
  • Others: Exchange - Stripe
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:39 AM

I have the same problem.
It look so bad ...
http://made-in-poland.org/product-category/graphene/
Regards,

Marek
Made-In-Poland.org

#5 smith6414

smith6414

• Members
  • Others: Builder, Premium Exchange Addon, Premium Exchange Addon
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:01 PM

I looked at the roadmap and there was an implementation of corting, but there does not appear to be any implementation of the OP, which was to display the categories, so people can find your products by category XYZ1, XYZ2, etc...  Did I miss something in the OP vs the Roadmap?

#6 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,775 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:38 PM

Hi,

there are instructions on how to create an Exchange category archive page in the Codex: http://ithemes.com/codex/page/Exchange_FAQs:_How_Do_I_Create_a_Custom_Product_Category_Page

And, I just added this generic Builder template http://ithemes.com/codex/page/Exchange_FAQs:_How_Do_I_Create_a_Custom_Product_Category_Page#A_generic_Builder_Category_page_template_for_Exchange_categories

hope that helps, for now,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: in progress, store, display, products, categories

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users