Should I Spend My Money Here?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_PaulOyler_*

Guest_PaulOyler_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:23 PM

I have another main question I will get to in the post, but now I have a couple of new questions as a result of some red flags I am seeing.

1. I was sent a welcome email today after I signed up for an ithemes account. It confirmed my user name and password, and it contained the following line:

You may access the

iThemes Community Support Forum

using the username and password information above. No registration is required.

Funny thing is, that user name and password do not work so I am having to post as a guest. So that is red flag #1.

2. I have been thinking about purchasing the Plugin Dev Suite but I had a question on if one of the plugins will do what I am looking for, so I used the Sales Contact tab and filled out the form, as I wanted to make sure I was going to be able to solve a problem I have if I spend my money.  The reply I got back basically said that the person answering didn't know and I should post my question here on the community forum to see if anyone might know.
So apparently the sales support person does not know what the various plugins do... red flag #2.

3. So,hopefully some 'regular' users will read this and let me know if I want to even pursue this further. I have heard nothing but good things about ithemes, and I used a couple of Cory's themes back when he was first starting out,and he used to answer questions I'd have about WP and early WP theme-ing. But I have to say, my first two impressions today have been less than stellar. So how about it users? Yay or nay for putting my money down here?

4.Final question, which was actually my original question....I think I am getting ready to purchase the Plugin Dev Suite, but I have a question about the carousel part of the DisplayBuddy plugin. Can each of 3 photos in a group point to their own external link. I have a client who has a site that I could really use that functionality. To see an example of what I need, look at http://pa-vendors.com/events/elk-county/ridgway-pa-july-fire-department-carnival/ and notice the 3 small ads about halfway down the page (Uncle Henry, Black Horse, EZ Mount). What I'd like to be able to do is have those 3 ads show for maybe 20 or 30 seconds, and then rotate to another set of 3 ads, and so on, with each ad still linking to the appropriate site.

Is that something that carousel could help me accomplish? Or if not, will any of the other plugins do this?

Thanks for any feedback.

Grace and Peace,
Paul Oyler

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 29,973 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:35 AM

Hi Paul,

can you send me (ronald@ithemes.com) an e-mail with your iThemes username and e-mail address? I can't find any membership data related to your name (Paul Oyler). There may have been a synchronization issue. When you change your password in the membership page, it will trigger another sync, and your forum account should be updated accordingly, but if not, do let me know. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Re. Carousel, the plugin allows you to upload images, each image can have it's own external link. You can set the number of images to display at once, the speed of the transition to the next set of images, as well as the duration images will displayed before scrolling the next set, So that should meet your requirements. Check out the product page, where you can find this, and additional information and a demo: http://ithemes.com/purchase/carousel/

Given the large number of products, constant developmeet and improvement of our products, and the fact that we have dedicated support moderators to provide technical support for those products, directing you to the support forums was the most efficient way for our sales staff. Unfortunately, the glitch in the username synchronization made that kinda frustrating experience, as you couldn't get the response you were looking for. So again, apologies for that,

I hope this helps
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 pauloyler

pauloyler

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, BackupBuddy, BackupBuddy
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

Thank you for your help Ronald! I understand a few of the issues better now and realize that what I saw as red flags was actually a lack of clear understanding.

I hope as I learn how to use some of these new plugins, the help and support will be as outstanding as you provided.

Grace and Peace,
Paul

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 29,973 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:47 PM

you're welcome!

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.