#1 tee_na

tee_na

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:06 PM

The settings page says that when you login it's supposed to take you to the account page.

For some reason, my site takes you to the profile page. What do I need to do so that it takes you either the account page or the membership page.

http://howtobrandyourself.com/wordpress/account/log-in/

Username: kokko
Password: test123

Thanks so much, you guys are the best!

#2 kwchin2002ithemes

kwchin2002ithemes

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:29 AM

We are having the same problem also.

#3 tee_na

tee_na

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:17 AM

What's strange is the pages settings page says that the account page is the main landing page where people are sent after they login. So I think this must be some kind of mistake.

Screen Shot 2014-01-25 at 10.09.08 AM.png

This make MUCH more sense then landing on the profile page since the profile page isn't a place you'd have to visit often + if you disable the profile page, then it takes you to the store, if you disable the store then it lands on your wordpress admin profile page which is really not good!

Also, you can customize the account page, whereas you have no options on the profile page. The customer lands there, with no instructions, no welcome, no nothing. It's not the best experience. Ideally, you'd be able to choose where the customer lands after login but in lieu of that account page is really the next best thing.

#4 tee_na

tee_na

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:27 AM

Any news on this? Am I correct in thinking that the login is supposed to take you the account page and not the profile page? I tried poking around the PHP, and seeing where the code for this is but I can't seem to figure it out.

#5 tee_na

tee_na

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:54 PM

Ok, so if anyone is following I found the fix!

You need to go to  wp-content/plugins/ithemes-exchange/lib/pages and then download
class.pages.php

Change where it says:
wp_redirect( it_exchange_get_page_url( '[color=#ff0000]profile[/color]' ) );

change it to:
wp_redirect( it_exchange_get_page_url( '[color=#ff0000]account[/color]' ) );

And re-upload the page. I saved a copy of the original file, just in case I broke something and needed to go back. This isn't the best fix since, it reverts back if you upgrade. So, you just have to remember to redo this upon upgrading.
I'm going to leave myself a note commented out on my theme's CSS to remind me.

#6 tee_na

tee_na

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

Sorry! I tried to put the change in a color and it added that to the code. the code below is correct. Don't use the one above.

Ok, so if anyone is following I found the fix!

You need to go to  wp-content/plugins/ithemes-exchange/lib/pages and then download
class.pages.php

Change where it says:

wp_redirect( it_exchange_get_page_url( 'profile' ) );

change it to:

wp_redirect( it_exchange_get_page_url( 'account' ) );

And re-upload the page. I saved a copy of the original file, just in case I broke something and needed to go back. This isn't the best fix since, it reverts back if you upgrade. So, you just have to remember to redo this upon upgrading.I'm going to leave myself a note commented out on my theme's CSS to remind me.

#7 tee_na

tee_na

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:29 PM

Ok, so upon further inspection this only kinda works. The user is now redirected to the account page, if they try to login when they are already logged in BUT it still takes you to the profile page if you are logging in for the first time. I'll keep digging and see if I can find where that piece of code is and report back.

#8 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,518 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:20 PM

Hey tee_na,

I'm sorry I missed this post; I'm not sure how I did that.

You're right, it should take the user to the Account page when they login, not the Profile page.  I'll talk to the developers about getting that fixed and also add a feature request to add a hook so that this is easier to change if you need/want to in the future.

Again, I sincerely apologize for missing your post.  I'll talk to the developers and hopefully get it cleared up as soon as possible.  

Thanks,

Elise

#9 tee_na

tee_na

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:48 AM

Not a problem! This board really is a life-saver and I appreciate all your hard work.

#10 dweuste

dweuste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:24 PM

Just want to thank tee_na for bringing this up. Nice to know I wasn't the only one seeing this issue.

#11 tsetford

tsetford

• Members
  • Others: Exchange - Stripe
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:16 PM

Temporary fix for anyone that's interested:

You need to go to wp-content/plugins/ithemes-exchange/api/theme/login.php

Find this line:
[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]'redirect' => it_exchange_in_superwidget() ? it_exchange_clean_query_args() : it_exchange_get_page_url( 'profile' ),

Change it to:
'redirect' => it_exchange_in_superwidget() ? it_exchange_clean_query_args() : it_exchange_get_page_url( 'account' ),

#12 tsetford

tsetford

• Members
  • Others: Exchange - Stripe
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:18 PM

Sorry, first line got messed up, should be:
'redirect' => it_exchange_in_superwidget() ? it_exchange_clean_query_args() : it_exchange_get_page_url( 'profile' ),

#13 tee_na

tee_na

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:52 AM

Tsetford, you rock! I searched for where that code was for HOURS. Worked like a charm. I changed that + the one I mentioned above and now every time you try to log in you go to the account page.

#14 kwchin2002ithemes

kwchin2002ithemes

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:39 PM

Is this a permanent fix, or will we have to do this every time exchange is upgraded?

#15 tee_na

tee_na

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:10 AM

Nope, this is a temporary fix until the ticket is resolved, but I'm sure they will let us know on this thread once that happens.

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ticket raised

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users