Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Support during Holidays:

During the Holidays (Dec. 22 - Jan. 2) our support staff will spend well-deserved time with their families and loved ones.

We can not guarantee the same level of support that you are used to.

Moderators will check in on the support forum, but response times may be longer than expected.

Your iThemes support team wishes you happy holidays!

resolved

How Are Pages Ordered In The Pages Dropdown When Setting A New Rule?

Exchange categories

7 replies to this topic

#1 jgerst

jgerst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Sync
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:08 AM

When you set a new rule for Pages, it displays every page you have created on your site ... but unfortunately, there are not in alpha order, or any order that I can discern. This becomes a huge problem when you have 100s of pages and you need to find the 5-10 to place into a product.

How can I get the pages dropdown to display alphabetically?

There is also no way to search on pages in the dropdown which would also be very helpful.

Thanks for guidance.

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,959 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:37 PM

Hi jgerst,

The pages are displayed in the order that they are created.  So your most recently created pages will show at the top of the list.  

There isn't a way to change the order they display in, though I can add this as a feature request.  I wouldn't have a timeline for if/when it would be added, however.

There is another way to restrict pages to a group, though.  When you create or edit your pages, you can restrict the page to a specific membership from directly from your page editor.  

Membership Access.png

You'll just click the Add Restriction button, select your membership group and then click OK before updating or publishing your page.  

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 jgerst

jgerst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:32 PM

I tried this and believe it will be a good workaround. However, when I click Add Restriction, only 5 of my memberships show. Is there a limit to the number that will show in this dropdown?

If not, what setting/s on the Add Membership product page do I need to set to get that membership to show in the Add Restriction dropdown? I'm stuck.

My site is www.comm-tell.com.

Posted Image

#4 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:52 PM

Hi jgerst,

You should be able to see all your membership products in that list.  I did test, however, and can confirm that it's only showing the five latest membership products.

I'm pushing this up to the developers so that they can take a look.  I'll let you know as soon as I have an update for you.

Thanks,

Elise

#5 jgerst

jgerst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:36 PM

Thanks for understanding the issue and quick reply.

#6 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:52 PM

Hi jgerst,

I just wanted to make sure you knew this was fixed in the last Exchange release (version 1.7.18).  Feel free to test it out and let us know if you run into any issues.

Thanks,

Elise

#7 jgerst

jgerst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:43 PM

Thanks, this does seem to be fixed now...I can see all the pages in the dropdown now.

#8 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:19 AM

Thanks for letting us know, jgerst!  

I'll go ahead and mark this as resolved.  Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Elise

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resolved, Exchange, categories

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users