Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

resolved

"buy Now" Button Not Responding.

12 replies to this topic

#1 javimuz

javimuz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:53 AM

When I press the "Buy Now" button nothing happens.

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,955 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:39 AM

Hi javimuz,

Can you please (always :)) provide us with a URL so we can take a look at what's going on?  That's the best way for us to diagnose any issues.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 javimuz

javimuz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:32 AM

Thanks Elise.

http://geacron.com/ad/product/my-sample-product/

#4 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:49 PM

Hi javimuz,

It looks like you've minified the code and that could be what's causing this issue.  If you view the source of your page, you'll see one huge line of CSS and HTML.  

Try un-minifying the code and see if that clears up the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Elise

#5 javimuz

javimuz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:34 PM

Thanks Elise.

I see what you say, but I haven't done anything to minimize the code.

In fact I have loaded Exchange the same way in other very similar domain and I am not having that problem.

Now I have deactivated and deleted Exchange, and loaded and activated again, and the problem persists.

Thanks again,
Javier

#6 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:01 PM

Hi Javier,

Try testing for a plugin conflict.  You can do this by deactivating all of your plugins except for Exchange and then see if it works correctly.  If it does, reactivate your other plugins one at a time, testing Exchange each time, to see which plugin is creating the conflict.  You can also test to see if it's a theme conflict by temporarily activating one of the WordPress default themes like, Twenty Fourteen.

Give that a try and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Elise

#7 javimuz

javimuz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:16 AM

Hi Elise,

I have deactivated all the plugins, as you have told me, and the problem continues exactly the same.

I am using the Atahualpa theme. And I am using this theme in other domains, with the same plugins, even others more, and i am not having that issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks again,
Javier

#8 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,344 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:17 AM

Hi Javier,

all code is still minified, there may be a setting in your theme that activates this, as WordPress, by default, doesn't minify code. Also, currently, the page doesn't seem to show an Exchange product. Can you check that?

Re. using the same theme on other domains, are you using Exchange as well, and, can you add a link to such site, so we can compare and check for any differences,

let us know,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#9 javimuz

javimuz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:29 AM

Hi Elise and Ronald:

Not sure, but it's possible that the problem arose when I changed or tried to change the slug of any particular product in the ad subdomain.

The url with the problem: http://geacron.com/ad/product/simple-product-1/
In this url I only have one product but in my admin panel it seems to exist another two products that really don't exist. In fact I can't access to any of them.

The other url:  http://geacron.com/doc/product/simple-product/ (In this case titles were purposely minimized in general)-

Thank you very much,
Javier

#10 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:42 AM

Hi Javier,

Can you please start a new topic for this?  It is unrelated to the original topic and we try to keep one topic per thread.

We'll be happy to help you out on the new thread.

Thanks,

Elise

#11 javimuz

javimuz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:31 PM

Hi Elise:

I will try to open another thread, as you have asked me. But I think it is not going to be easy for me because the problem I have is the same: the buy button is not responding.

I just added the other comments in my previous post in case they might help identify the problem.

Thanks again,
Xavier

#12 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,344 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:25 PM

Hi,

looking at this page, there is a javascript error, and it is caused by the code minification. The fourth post in this topic suggests a solution: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/theme-atahualpa-367-bug-strips-space-after-some-punctuation

Basically, the minification function doesn't handle comments well, which messes up the code, since the actual javascript code is added in the same (minified) string of code, thereby changing that code into a comment as well.

Simplified example(!) code, demonstrating what happens.

The first line is a comment and the second line is code:

// this is a comment
var Foo = Bar;

minified (in your case), this is the result:

// this is a comment var Foo = Bar;

making the entire line (including the JS code) a comment.

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#13 javimuz

javimuz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:56 PM

Hi Ronald, thank you.

I have followed your advice, implementing the recommendations of the fourth post of the url you provided me,  and the buy button now works!

Thank you very much again for your time and for the solution,

Javier

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resolved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users