Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

resolved

Shipping Address Option For Outside Of Us

5 replies to this topic

#1 trundlemedia

trundlemedia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:36 PM

My store is based in Canada, so I would like the shipping address options to be Province and Postal Code instead of State and Zip Code.. How would I set this up?

unrelated side note: you guys are awesome for answering all my questions on here so quickly! Thanks!!

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,959 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

Hi trundlemedia,

There isn't an option to change this in Exchange.  You're just wanting to change the wording on the form, correct?  If that's the case, let me know and I can tell you how to do that.  Would you want to change that on the billing address form as well?

Thanks for the positive feedback!  We're always happy to help!  :)

Thanks,

Elise

#3 trundlemedia

trundlemedia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:44 PM

I think I just need to edit the shipping address. and yeah, I just want to edit the labels so they display Canada stuff.

I'm using paypal for the payments so I'm assuming the billing info doesn't even come up for them at all?

#4 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,959 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:38 PM

Hi trundlemedia,

There is a Billing Address add-on that you can enable that would ask for that information as well, even when using PayPal.  You, obviously, don't need to enable that option if it's not necessary, I just wanted to make sure you weren't needing that as well.

In ithemes-exchange/api/theme/, you'll find the shipping.php file.  On lines 201 and 289, you'll find the labels for the State and Zip Code fields.  You can change the labels and then re-upload the file.  The one thing you need to be aware of is that when you update Exchange, this would be overwritten.  

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#5 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,369 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:43 PM

Hi,

rather than editing the plugin files, there is another way to change these items. Add the following code at the end of your child themes functions.php file (but before a closing ?>, if any!):

function my_translated_text_strings( $translated_text, $untranslated_text, $domain ) {

$translated_text = $untranslated_text;

if ( 'LION' === $domain || 'it-l10n-ithemes-exchange' === $domain ) {

switch ( $untranslated_text ) {
			case 'Zip Code' :
				$translated_text = 'Postcode';
				break;
			case 'State' :
				$translated_text = 'Province';
				break;
		}
	}

return $translated_text;
}
add_filter( 'gettext', 'my_translated_text_strings', 10, 3 );
add_filter( 'ngettext', 'my_translated_text_strings', 10, 3 );

that should do the trick,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#6 trundlemedia

trundlemedia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:45 PM

hi sorry.. i guess i never replied to this.. I added the code to the functions file and everything's good here

thanks!

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resolved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users