#1 jgerst

jgerst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:58 PM

I am manually adding products (subscriptions) to different user accounts. When I do this it triggers the Product email with the "View available content"  (http://www.comm-tell.com/memberships/communicators-guide-to-simplified-strategic-planning-7-steps-that-will-work-for-any-planning-effort) link. When you click this link it automatically takes the user to the registration page. I need this to take them to the log-in page as they are already members. It would be very confusing for them to see the registration page and if they actually filled it out then I would have two memberships for the same person and they still wouldn't be able to get to their product link.

I tried synching and unsynching Wordpress and Buddypress but it doesn't make a difference. I also tried changing the Exchange Customer Registration setting from Use Exchange Registr Only to Use WP Reg Setting and this also doesn't make a difference.

I have the Default Checkout Form set to Log in.

Help please?

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,427 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:32 PM

Hi jgerst,

There isn't an option to change this in Exchange.  I will note this for the developers to change as it does make sense that a user who has made a purchase should be taken to the log in page.  

I'll look into a temporary solution for you in the meantime, but I don't have an answer for you right now.  

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 jgerst

jgerst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:43 PM

Any update on this? This is a recurring problem. Since the link takes them by default to the registration page, the customer fills out another registration form but of course, when they log in using this, they are unable to get to the product because it was set to the registration they used when they purchased the membership.

Do you have a workaround for this that I can put in place asap? It makes no sense the way it is set up now; how hard would it be for the developers to change this link from registration to login?

Thanks,

#4 jgerst

jgerst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:57 PM

I am also finding that the Purchase Note field is not being sent to the customer at all - the receipt that arrives the the membership link does not have any purchase note text at all.  Can you suggest what's happening and how to fix? I have updated to the latest Exchange today so know that's up to date.

Thanks,
John

#5 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,427 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:40 PM

Hi John,

I'm bumping this issue with the developers and will let you know when there's an update.

Probably the easiest workaround for now is to remove the "order table" from the receipt.  Instead, include a link where they can log in.  I've created an example (you'll need to be under the Text tab to add the HTML):

Hello [it_exchange_email show=name],

Thank you for your order. You can view your receipt here: [it_exchange_email show=receipt_link]

<a href="[it_exchange_email show=login_link]">Log in</a> now to view your available content.

I included a link to their receipt, but this also takes the user to the registration page instead of the log in page (and I've mentioned this to the developers as well).  

The Purchase Note option in Manual Purchases is actually for the store owner, not the customer.  If you go into Exchange > Payments and select one of the transactions where you've manually added a product to a customer, you'll see the Purchase Note.

Purchase Note.png

In the Advanced options of each product, you can add a Purchase Message and you can add that to the order table ([it_exchange_email show=order_table option=purchase_message]), but that message will show whether you use the Manual Purchases add-on to add a product to a customer or if the customer purchases it themselves.  

As soon as I have any updates for you, I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Elise

#6 jgerst

jgerst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:31 PM

Elise: Thank you, I have made progress with the workaround you proposed by using this wording:To access your purchase using the link below, you must first Log in.

Now I find that, even though logged in and able to view all purchases, when you click the Purchases link on the Account page (http://www.comm-tell.com/purchases/), it is blocked with this message: "This content is for members only. Become a member now to get access to this and other awesome members-only content."

Can you help me get the Purchases link working?

Thanks,
John

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users