Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

in progress

"continue", "register", Etc Buttons Broken / Don't Do Anything

Guest Checkout Continue Register Create An Account

14 replies to this topic

#1 doxicology

doxicology

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder, Builder
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:04 AM

Hi iThemes, I'm having what looks to be a similar problem as other sites, but I can't seem to find a solution.  Could you please help?

Site in question: http://hrch.org/donate
*Site no longer in operation

This seems to be only apparent when a user is not logged into the site, but when a visitor clicks "Buy Now", the page correctly shows the guest checkout fields.  However, when typing in an email address for the guest checkout "Continue" button, the button does nothing.  It doesn't return an error, go to a different page, or anything.  When you click "Create An Account", it correctly serves up the registration forms (i.e. user name, password, etc), but upon clicking "Register", it does the same thing.  There is a little more feedback, as Firefox asks to remember password, but other than that, it's basically just clearing the form's fields and not registering a new user (WP Dashboard > Users confirmed).

Like I mentioned, these "dead" actions do not happen when I'm logged into the site.  The actions are the same whether the form is on the page or in the Exchange Super Widget.

I'm using the Recurring Charges, User Defined Price, Stripe, and a few core add-ons.  5 products only.

I don't think it's a plugin issue, and I've deactivated, deleted, and reinstalled all of the iThemes Exchange plugins hoping to find a solution.  I can send over login info if needed.

Thanks!

Josh

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,682 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:48 AM

Hi Josh,

I know you say you don't think it's a plugin issue, but have you actually tested for a plugin conflict yet?  So you'd deactivate all of your plugins except for Exchange and then see if it works properly.  If it does, reactivate your other plugins, one at a time, testing Exchange each time, to see which plugin is creating the conflict.  You can also test for a theme conflict by temporarily activating one of the default WordPress themes like Twenty Fourteen.

Give that a try and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 doxicology

doxicology

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:33 PM

Hi Elise, regarding plugins, the only ones running that aren't iThemes are Gravity Forms and an Instagram widget.  I know it's not those two, as I did deactivate those.  I didn't deactivate the iThemes ones (Events, Exchange add-ons) as a) I figured you guys know they all work together B) I would lose the functionality of Exchange by deactivating the plugins.

I didn't, however, try another theme, as I didn't think Exchange worked with non-iThemes/Builder themes.  I can try that today.

I'll touch base again soon.

Josh

#4 doxicology

doxicology

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:10 PM

Hi Elise, so I forgot about network activated plugins (this is on a multisite).  I went back to work deactivate those network plugins (also gave me an excuse for a little housekeeping), and switched the theme over to the default Twenty Eleven theme.  The buttons in question still behaved in the same manner.  No dice.  So, I'm not exactly sure where to go from here...

Any ideas?

Josh

#5 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,682 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:23 PM

Hi Josh,

Can you send me admin login credentials so I can take a look at the backend?  You can PM it to me here on the forum or email it to me at elise@ithemes.com.  Be sure to include a link to this thread so I know what the message is in regards to.

Thanks,

Elise

#6 doxicology

doxicology

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:12 PM

Hi Elise, I just emailed the login credentials for you to take a look at.

Thanks,
Josh

#7 doxicology

doxicology

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:43 AM

Hi guys, I just wanted to touch base and see if any progress has been made regarding these requests.  Many thanks!

Josh

#8 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,682 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:14 PM

Hi Josh,

I apologize.  It looks like your email went to my spam folder for some reason.

I'm taking a look at the backend of your site now.  We've had a couple updates recently.  Would you be okay with me updating Exchange and it's add-ons?  Or, if you're more comfortable doing so, just let me know when they've been updated.  It may not correct the issues that you're having, but it could help or at least help us narrow down the issues.

I'll keep looking in the meantime, but let me know once you've updated or if you want me to do so.

Thanks,

Elise

#9 Rob Hess

Rob Hess

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:22 AM

Hi Josh,

This might be a bit of a long shot, but are you hosting with WP Engine, or another host that forces strong passwords? A couple parts of this sound pretty reminiscent of an issue I've had...there's kind of a perfect storm that comes up with Exchange when strong passwords are enforced that results in something similar to what you've experienced. I wrote more about that situation for another forum user here.

Rob

#10 doxicology

doxicology

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:37 AM

Thanks, Elise!  For sure, please do what you need to do!  I appreciate it very much!

Rob, yes, I am hosting with WPE.  I'll take a look at that link, and see if anything looks familiar.  Many thanks!

Josh

#11 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,682 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:22 PM

Hey Josh,

I tried updating Exchange and that didn't fix the issue.  I'm going to talk to the developers and see if they notice something I'm missing.  I'll let you know what they say.

As for WPE - I don't think that's the issue in this case, but it never hurts to check it out.  The issues we've seen with WPE have been them forcing the strong password.  However, with guest checkout, you never even get to a password.  And with the registration, with other WPE password issues, you typically see an error about the password.  But definitely check it out to be sure!

I'll post again after I've spoken with the developers.

Thanks,

Elise

#12 Rob Hess

Rob Hess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:01 AM

Hi Elise, good point on the guest checkout. I did want to clarify one thing: I'm running Exchange on a WP Engine install and product page registration (which is what's happening here) consistently do not show a password error message (or any error messages)—only the registration page shows the error (I used the same registration test credentials on both pages).

#13 doxicology

doxicology

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:38 AM

Thanks, guys!

#14 edsilva7

edsilva7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:42 PM

I Agree with Rob because today I had the same problem. I was creating a new user with a strong password that included the following special characters &*() and after several trials, I noticed that the one causing this problem was the character "&". In my case I don't use WEP but I use strong passwords all the time. By the way I already reported it as a possible bug.

On the other hand, I also found a plugin conflict with "DB Cache Reloaded Fix" causing about the same registration problem.

Eduardo
Eduardo Silva
Web Designer, Newspaper writer & Entrepreneur
www.EduardoSilva.biz

#15 edsilva7

edsilva7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:46 PM

Elise, I have an update about this issue. Since this problem seems to be happening only when using the "register", "log in", etc. buttons during the checkout. I started doing something to get around it.

I ask the people on our sites to first register or log in, and then proceed to buy or donate. This way, once people is logged in, there's no issues during the checkout process.

You can see what I'm talking about at http://llamadafinalatlanta.com/donate/ and I'm doing it also at http://www.venturecinema.net/order/

I hope this will help someone while the developers find out what's causing this issue, because just imaging people at the movie theater trying to order online while they're making a line at the concessions stand, where is a very fast paced environment and get all frustrated during the checkout.

Regards,
Eduardo Silva
Web Designer, Newspaper writer & Entrepreneur
www.EduardoSilva.biz

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: in progress, Guest Checkout, Continue, Register, Create An Account

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users