Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Exchange Q's:authorize.net,membership,subscriptions Etc

1 reply to this topic

#1 kbrady9

kbrady9

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:11 PM

Hello - I'm creating a membership site and would like to use my authorize.net gateway.  I have several very specific requirements and I have not been able to figure out if Exchange plus the add-ons will meet them.  Here are the questions I have:

1. Membership: Can a customer have multiple memberships?

2. Membership: Can I create memberships that restrict access to posts based on categories and/or tags?

3. Membership: Can I have several memberships for sale that are not hierarchical? In other words, can I have a "Premium Membership" that grants access to most posts, and a "Specialty" membership that grants access to a certain page?

4. Membership:  I want SEO on some bit of text at the beginning of each page and post; could be a hand-crafted excerpt or above-the-more-tag that non-members can see, but the rest of the post/page would be protected.  Can this add-on do this in some way?

5. Authorize.net: My "Premium Membership" that grants access to most posts will be recurring; my "specialty" membership that grants access to a page will not be. Can your add-on handle both types of transactions, without storing the card info locally?  In other words, do you use both AIM and ARB methods with authorize.net?

6. Authorize.net: Does the add-on force the checkout page to go to HTTPS or is a 3rd party plugin required to force the SSL?

7. Recurring Payments (included with Membership): Does this support recurring payments via authorize.net ARB or CIM?

8. Recurring Payments: Can a member have both a recurring membership and a non-recurring membership (obviously granting rights to different content)?

8. Can coupon codes be used with both non-recurring and recurring memberships?

9. Invoicing:  Can I also generate invoices to existing members which are then paid through the authorize.net gateway (unrelated to their existing recurring and non-recurring memberships?

10. I am selling courses, both online and classroom based. I don't need a "shop" page with all the products, but rather want to put "register now" (add to cart) buttons on pages used to sell each course.  Is that possible with Exchange...thru shortcodes perhaps?

Thanks!
Kelly

Edited by Kelly Brady, 28 February 2014 - 04:28 PM.

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,959 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:45 PM

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for your interest in Exchange and the Exchange add-ons.  Hopefully I can answer your questions.

1. Membership: Can a customer have multiple memberships?

Yes, customers can have multiple memberships.

2. Membership: Can I create memberships that restrict access to posts based on categories and/or tags?

Yes, you can restrict content based on categories and tags.

3. Membership: Can I have several memberships for sale that are not hierarchical? In other words, can I have a "Premium Membership" that grants access to most posts, and a "Specialty" membership that grants access to a certain page?

Your memberships do not have to be hierarchical.  

4. Membership:  I want SEO on some bit of text at the beginning of each page and post; could be a hand-crafted excerpt or above-the-more-tag that non-members can see, but the rest of the post/page would be protected.  Can this add-on do this in some way?

Yes, you can do this using one of the Membership shortcodes:  http://ithemes.com/codex/page/Exchange_Product_Types:_Memberships#Shortcodes

5. Authorize.net: My "Premium Membership" that grants access to most posts will be recurring; my "specialty" membership that grants access to a page will not be. Can your add-on handle both types of transactions, without storing the card info locally?  In other words, do you use both AIM and ARB methods with authorize.net?

Unfortunately, the Authorize.net add-on does not support recurring payments at this time.  I do believe, however, that it uses both AIM and ARB.  

6. Authorize.net: Does the add-on force the checkout page to go to HTTPS or is a 3rd party plugin required to force the SSL?

I'll need to double check this one with the developer, I just don't want to leave you waiting for your additional questions to be answered.  

7. Recurring Payments (included with Membership): Does this support recurring payments via authorize.net ARB or CIM?

(See #5)

8. Recurring Payments: Can a member have both a recurring membership and a non-recurring membership (obviously granting rights to different content)?

Yes, they can.

8. Can coupon codes be used with both non-recurring and recurring memberships?

Yes, you can use coupon codes with both recurring and non-recurring memberships.  However, if the membership is automatically recurring, then the original price they are charged is the price they'll pay every month/year.  

9. Invoicing:  Can I also generate invoices to existing members which are then paid through the authorize.net gateway (unrelated to their existing recurring and non-recurring memberships?

Yes, using the Invoices add-on, you create invoices for existing (and new) customers then use which ever payment gateway you'd like.  They do not have to have a membership for you to invoice them, nor would it be associated their membership if they have one already.  

10. I am selling courses, both online and classroom based. I don't need a "shop" page with all the products, but rather want to put "register now" (add to cart) buttons on pages used to sell each course.  Is that possible with Exchange...thru shortcodes perhaps?

At this time, it is only possible to have the Buy Now and Add to Cart buttons show on the actual product page.  

Hopefully that helps, but let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users