Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Please Note:

The iThemes offices will be closed Thursday Nov. 27 and Friday Nov. 28 for Thanksgiving.

Support will be limited, as we allow our support staff to spend some well deserved time off with their families. The iThemes Support team wishes you a great Thanksgiving weekend.

in progress

Exchange Store Menu Item Disappears After Purchase

exchange menu exchange store

18 replies to this topic

#1 acri

acri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:29 AM

Once a purchase is made and the customer is on the Purchase confirmation page (Titled Thank You), the Store menu item in a custom menu is missing it's label. The button appears to be there (if I hover in the area, there is a place to select to go to the store page but the label is not there).
It does not seem to matter what text I place in the label area within the Custom menu setting (or even if I leave it as the default ).

my site is: http://acrirlty.com/homeprotector/
I am using stripe in test mode so you can make a purchase to test the dissappearing store menu issue.
Use this phantom credit card 4242 4242 4242 4242
make up any expiration date and csv code.

You will see a bunch of jumbled symbols in the email field - I am not sure why that happens. Clear out all of the garbage and enter your email address. (another confusing thing for the user)

You will get a purchase confirmation message using the email you entered. The products purchased will appear along  with a "Please check here to view your purchase" (link does not work either which is another quirky exchange issue) I will need to post this issue in the forum, Until then customers will not be able to get a confirmation purchase link. The redirect takes them to the home page with the missing "store" menu.

I had to change things in the css to make exchange work - still a lot of bugs in the plugin.

Thanks for your help.

Attached Thumbnails

• Missing Menu.JPG

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,125 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:56 AM

moving this to the Exchange support forum: http://ithemes.com/forum/forum/207-exchange-ecommerce-plugin/

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,876 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:52 AM

Hi acri,

I just made a purchase on your site to test and I'm not seeing some of the issues you've mentioned.  The email field was empty (I didn't have to remove any symbols to enter my email address).  

Guest Checkout .gif

Also, all the links in the confirmation email work just fine for me.  You can edit your emails, if you'd like, by going into Exchange > Settings > Emails

As for the store page link, how did you add it to your navigation?  Did you create the custom link or select it from the available Exchange pages in the menu?  Any additional information you have would be helpful.

Thanks,

Elise

#4 acri

acri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:06 PM

Hi Elise,
I used the exchange ghost page settings as is, I did not create a custom menu in exchange or a custom wordpress menu or page.

#5 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:14 PM

Hi acri,

I'm not talking about your Exchange page types.  I mean, how did you add the page to your navigation menu in Appearance > Menus?  

You said, "I had to change things in the css to make exchange work."  Did you try removing your custom CSS to see if this is causing the issue?  CSS affects styling and shouldn't have any affect on functionality.  So, if you've made any other changes (not just CSS), try removing that as well to test to see if that is creating the issue.  

Give that a try and let us know how it goes.  

Thanks,

Elise

#6 acri

acri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:33 PM

The exchange pages are created by exchange when you activate the plugin. Then you go into exchange and choose what pages you want to show in the menu. The store pages are created by exchange. If you de-activate exchange the pages will presumably go away.
You then add the pages by using the tick box and adding them to your "Main Menu" or whatever you call the navigation module.

The custom css has nothing to do with menus only to hide the "To complete your purchase you must register or login to your account." A very confusing user message when someone is checking out as a guest.
I am attempting to enable Guest check out only. No exchange or WP registration is permited.
Even when choosing guest check out exchange continues to add the "you need to register or login to make a purchase" So I simply hid that line with css.
I am sorry I mentioned it.  here is the css;
.it-exchange-checkout-purchase-requirements-notification {
display: none!important;
}
The menu was not working BEFORE the css was added.
Removing it does not change the issue.
All I want is the text to show back up in the STORE menu item after a purchase is completed. Not a deal breaker justs makes for less user confusion.

#7 wildambitions

wildambitions

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:37 PM

View PostElise Alley, on 03 March 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

As for the store page link, how did you add it to your navigation?  Did you create the custom link or select it from the available Exchange pages in the menu?  Any additional information you have would be helpful.

Elise,
It was added via select it from the available Exchange pages in the menu.

View PostElise Alley, on 03 March 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

You said, "I had to change things in the css to make exchange work."  Did you try removing your custom CSS to see if this is causing the issue?  CSS affects styling and shouldn't have any affect on functionality.  So, if you've made any other changes (not just CSS), try removing that as well to test to see if that is creating the issue.  

The menu item issue was separate from the CSS change added.

The only thing added to CSS was a display none to make the "you need to register or login to make a purchase" not display. That phrase had been showing up even though there was no "official" need to login to make a purchase. We added the CSS "to make it work" meaning in how Michele needs it to work for her visitors.

As far as the jumbled symbols in the email address field, it was an intermittent issue and I was not able to isolate.

Hope this helps to clarify a few things.

WordPress | Builder & Child Themes | Web Design & Development | Business Development | Internet Marketing | Social Media | SEO

Get 1-on-1 Training or Site Design/Development From Kerry  The Ultimate Solution

Join the Online Work Network for Web Professionals

#8 acri

acri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:44 PM

Kerry explained everything correctly. Is there something to fix the issue?

#9 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:42 PM

Hi acri,

This appears to be something specific to your site.  If you send me admin login credentials, I'll take a look at the backend.  This would be the best way for me to diagnose any issues.

You can send me the credentials by PM here on the forum or email them to me at elise@ithemes.com.  Be sure to include a link to this post so I know what the message is in regards to.

Thanks,

Elise

#10 acri

acri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:07 AM

Hi Elise any luck yet?

#11 acri

acri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:47 PM

Hi Elise,
I migrated the entire live site to a dev site to test.  I disabled all of the plugins one by one.  The "disappearing store" issue still exists. Builder is using the most current version. Any ideas?

#12 wildambitions

wildambitions

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:55 AM

View Postacri, on 15 March 2014 - 09:47 PM, said:

I migrated the entire live site to a dev site to test.  I disabled all of the plugins one by one.  The "disappearing store" issue still exists. Builder is using the most current version. Any ideas?
So the only active plugin is the exchange plugin?

Also, even though the others are disabled, are they all up to date? And WP is also up to date?

WordPress | Builder & Child Themes | Web Design & Development | Business Development | Internet Marketing | Social Media | SEO

Get 1-on-1 Training or Site Design/Development From Kerry  The Ultimate Solution

Join the Online Work Network for Web Professionals

#13 acri

acri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:49 PM

Everything is up to date - only active plugin is exchange, blog vault  and sucuri.  I did disable those 3 with no effect on the missing store menu.

#14 acri

acri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:28 PM

I network de-activated every plugin including exchange and turned them all back on in the network - all at once using the tick boxes.  Now the "store" menu item is appearing. Unfortunately I do not have the luxury of doing this process in the "live" site.

#15 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:31 PM

Hey acri,

When testing for a plugin conflict, we typically recommend you reactivate the other plugins one at a time instead of all at once.  So, unfortunately, in this case, we now know that there is a plugin creating the issue, we just don't know which one.  

Regrettably, there isn't a lot I can do.  It's something specific going on with your site.  Is there a time of low traffic on your site that you could do this?  For instance some time over night?  If it only took turning all your plugins off and back on again for it to work properly, it shouldn't take you more than about 5 minutes to accomplish.  You can use something like Google Analytics (if you're not already) to see when the best time to do this would be.

Without out knowing specifically which plugin needs to be deactivated and reactivated, that's the best suggestion I can offer.  That or seeing if you can duplicate it again on your test site, this time reactivating your plugins individually.

I wish I could be of more help.  Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#16 acri

acri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:35 PM

I went back through ALL the plugins on the live site and deactivated everything i could from the network admin. Then, deactivated all the plugins on the site in question
Upon reactivating the plugins one at a time, (Exchange only) the store menu item issue still existed (not appearing after a purchase is made)
I can give you a copy of the multisite for you to install and test on at your leisure but we cannot get the store menu-item to resolve no matter what.
We also noticed that even on our test development site is is not completely resolved. (It shows up at the top but not in a sidebar menu.)

#17 Guest_Amanda_*

Guest_Amanda_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:29 PM

I am also having this problem where the link identified as the "store page" disappears after a user logs in. The link is still there but the text is missing. Was there any resolution to this?

#18 acri

acri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:46 PM

No i had no resolution to this issue. Wish there was it really bugs me.

#19 spencer

spencer

• Members
  • Others: Premium Exchange Addon
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:41 PM

tl;dr Store Page's navigational label is disappearing because Customer Log Out is disabled

I think I might have found the cause of this issue. I had the same problem on my site and found this topic in hopes of a solution. Seeing no current solution I decided to try to debug it myself. The first thing I did was disable all the plugins except for Exchange as others had tried above. The issue remained. The first clue I noted was that the Navigational Label for the Store Page would appear if the user wasn't logged in. I assumed that Exchange must be filtering the output of the menus and somehow causing the Navigational Label for the Store Page to disappear. Searching through all the filters that Exchange set, I found:
add_filter( 'wp_setup_nav_menu_item', array( $this, 'setup_menu_item' ), 10, 2 );
and
add_filter( 'wp_get_nav_menu_items', 'it_exchange_wp_get_nav_menu_items_filter', 10, 3 );

The second filter was of particular interest as it uses:
if ( is_user_logged_in() ) {
foreach ( $items as $item ) {
//We really just want to compare the URL PATH, so grab that and compare later
if ( '' == get_option( 'permalink_structure' ) ) {
// No permalinks
$item_url_path = parse_url( $item->url, PHP_URL_QUERY );
$login_url_path = parse_url( it_exchange_get_page_url( 'login' ), PHP_URL_QUERY );
$logout_url_path = parse_url( it_exchange_get_page_url( 'logout' ), PHP_URL_QUERY );
} else {
// Permalinks
$item_url_path = parse_url( $item->url, PHP_URL_PATH );
$login_url_path = parse_url( it_exchange_get_page_url( 'login' ), PHP_URL_PATH );
$logout_url_path = parse_url( it_exchange_get_page_url( 'logout' ), PHP_URL_PATH );
}
if ( $item_url_path == $login_url_path || $item_url_path == $logout_url_path ) {
$item->url = it_exchange_get_page_url( 'logout' );
$item->title = it_exchange_get_page_name( 'logout' );
}
}
}

Commenting out the entire if statement resolved the issue.

Now that I had found the section of code causing the issue, I realized exactly what the issue was. I had disabled the Customer Log Out page which was causing the final if in the foreach loop to return true because it evaluated:
$item_url_path == $logout_url_path
to
'/store/' == '/store/'
since there was no Customer Log Out url set. This causes the Store Page's title to be set to the no existent Customer Log Out page's name. Therefore, no Navigational Label will appear on the Store Page, but only for logged in users. The fix should include some type of check to see if:
'disabled' !== it_exchange_get_page_type( 'logout' )

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: in progress, exchange, menu, exchange store

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users