Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Tabber Widget Collapse

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_IamDavid_*

Guest_IamDavid_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:49 AM

Love the widget, but I am hitting a roadblock:

The Tabber Widget displays correctly in:

Opera and Firefox

but in Chrome and IE, it collapse.

Site: edgeofdavid.com/blog

Please help, I have been struggling with this for the past two weeks and can not find a solution.

Thanks,

David

#2 sridhar

sridhar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 01:38 AM

#3 Guest_Iamdavid_*

Guest_Iamdavid_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2010 - 03:49 PM

Hi Sridhar,

1. Deactivated everything but the tabber pluggin, but no in the issue I am experienceing change.

2. I was running the latest version, but I tried reinstalling it to fix it. Did not work.

Any other suggestions?

PS

>to replicate simply view my site in IE or Chrome

>click the tabber widget (edge favorites, edge reviews) and you will notice the content except for the tabs disapears.

>If you then view it in Firefox however, it all works fine. This is very puzzling, I hope you have another solution. Could it be a code/css issue?

best,

-David

#4 sridhar

sridhar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:33 PM

Requested skyler and josh to respond.

#5 skylermoore

skylermoore

• Members
  • Others: All Themes, BackupBuddy, All Plugins, DisplayBuddy, ThumbsUp
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:44 AM

Hi David it looks like there is a javascript issue have you made any changes to the tabber widget code that might be causing this problem? I would suggest deleting the tabber widget plugin and downloading the latest version and seeing if that fixes your problem.

#6 Guest_IamDavid_*

Guest_IamDavid_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:26 PM

Hi Skyler,

I contracted out the design the widget:

ryan@webiquityhq.com

My site is built on the Headway theme. From what I can tell Ryan installed the widget and used custom CSS to design the appearance. It works in some browsers but not others.

I also have disqus installed, that sometimes causes weird vodo javascript conflicts, but I uninstalled it and it made no difference.

If there is something specific you think Ryan should do/look, send him a quick note if time permits. Otherwise, I will pass on your advice and see if that works. I will keep you updated.

best,

-David

#7 skylermoore

skylermoore

• Members
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:39 PM

The tabber widget jquery uses the css classes and identifiers to determine which tab content is showing and which content is hidden. So it would be best to just add the styles to the tabber classes and identifiers that already exist instead of creating his own classes and identifiers.

#8 Guest_Ryan_*

Guest_Ryan_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:34 PM

skylermoore said:

The tabber widget jquery uses the css classes and identifiers to determine which tab content is showing and which content is hidden. So it would be best to just add the styles to the tabber classes and identifiers that already exist instead of creating his own classes and identifiers.

I did not assign any new css classes. I used the theme's css file to change some basic styles (colors, etc.) using the widgets assigned classes and identifiers.

#9 skylermoore

skylermoore

• Members
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:19 PM

@Ryan

Sorry I must be wrong, that just seemed like what the problem was based on the error messages. Maybe just as a test you may want to ftp down your altered version of the tabber widget plugin to one of your computers then try putting the newest version of the tabber widget plugin on the site to see if your changes are what was breaking the tabber in IE if not then you won't loose all you work because you have your version on your computer.

#10 Guest_IamDavid_*

Guest_IamDavid_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:04 PM

Hi Skyler

I went ahead and installed a very simple tabber setup on my practice site: makemoneynotdebt.com (its blocked from search engines) and I experienced the same exact problem:

It works in Firefox and Opera, and fails in IE and Chrome.

My only guess now is it must be because of a headway theme/tabber conflict.

Any idea what could be going on and how to fix it?

best,

-David

#11 skylermoore

skylermoore

• Members
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:49 PM

It sounds like it is conflicting with another plugin, but I remembered that earlier in the thread you said that you had tried turning off all the other plugins except the tabber widget plugin and that wasn't the problem.

I don't know much about headway so i guess that could be what tabber-widget is fighting with.

Have you tried using different widgets in your tabs to see if it is the tab content that is causing the problem.

#12 Guest_IamDavid_*

Guest_IamDavid_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:53 PM

The tabber widget is the only pluggin thing installed on makemoneynotdebt.com and it still has the same problem.

I did try using different widgets to no avail in the tabs. On edgeofdavid:

tab1: wordpress popular posts

tab2: links

tab3: links

the problem is if you view www.edgeodavid.com in IE is the content under the tabs disapears when you click one of the tabs. Regardless of what content the tab holds. If there are no solutions, are there any alternatives?

#13 Guest_IamDavid_*

Guest_IamDavid_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:49 PM

Also this is the web page error I get in IE, hope it helps shed some light on this:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; .NET4.0C)
Timestamp: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 21:36:31 UTC

Line: 135
Char: 70
Code: 0
URI: http://www.edgeofdavid.com/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.4.2

#14 skylermoore

skylermoore

• Members
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:06 AM

If you would like for us to take a deeper look at the problem you can email us your wp-dashboard login information for your practice site "makemoneynotdebt.com" to skylermoore@ithemes.com.

Hopefully that will clear some things up.

#15 Guest_Iamdavid_*

Guest_Iamdavid_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:35 AM

sure take a look: login details should be in your email.

#16 skylermoore

skylermoore

• Members
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:18 AM

I looked for your email and I can't seem to find it would you mind trying to send your information to my email again.

#17 Guest_Iamdavid_*

Guest_Iamdavid_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:33 PM

Sure, I resent if from my gmail account and sent if my edge of david email address. Hopefully it is not ending up in your spam filters!

Let me know if you recieve it.

#18 skylermoore

skylermoore

• Members
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:37 AM

Do you mind if I try using a different theme then headway on your test site to see if that is where the confilct is?

#19 Guest_Iamdavid_*

Guest_Iamdavid_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:36 PM

No not at all. Go for it. Im sure the headway guys would love a solution too, they keep a running list of pluggings that do not function exactly as they should.

#20 skylermoore

skylermoore

• Members
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:36 PM

I'm no sure what you changed on your edge of david site but the tabber widget on it seems to be working just fine now. If you can remember any changes you have made recently that may have fixed it I have been trying to find the source of the problem but the tabber widget works on all of the pages except for the home page. I'm just not sure where this could be coming from.