Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Better Wp Security

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Mike J._*

Guest_Mike J._*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:25 PM

I have searched everywhere for information pertaining to the Better WP Security plugin. I've been to Chris' site, checked the forum, etc. and I'm unable to find out how to handle the issue I'm faced with concerning the plugin. I performed the install, used the login hide function, and everything was working fine. All of a sudden users were unable to login. As the admin I enter my login credentials and the plugin redirects to a white page, not a 404. Checking the database for locked IP results in no problems, trying to use the lost password function doesn't work either. I've had to suspend the cpanel account as the plugin is generating a massive amount of email notification to files being changed on the account. The site has been scanned for malware and is clean. At this point I'm trying to find instructions on how to remove the plugin and all altered code, but didn't want to remove the plugin through ftp until I'm sure that removal and modifying the .htaccess file will correct the problem.

I've seen reference to paid support, but can't figure out where to purchase that if needed.

Will someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Mike

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,072 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:48 PM

Hi Mike,

this is where the plugin is hosted: http://fooplugins.com/plugins/better-wp-security/

hope that helps,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Guest_Wolfgang Hofbauer_*

Guest_Wolfgang Hofbauer_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:33 PM

Hi

I have been using this plugin for a while now (Better WP Security) and always been happy. Unfortunately this has chnaged after the last update.

The situation I now have is that no matter what I do I can not delete the Generator Meta text using the plugin. I have deleted and reinstalled the plugin several times and still no joy.

Can you please provide a solution as your tutorials and bullet points clearly state it can do it.

I look forward to your reply.

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,072 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:20 AM

Hi,

please see my previous response: for more information and support, go to http://fooplugins.com/plugins/better-wp-security/

I will lock this topic, as this is the support forum for the iThemes Ajax Edit Comments plugin. This entire forum is for support on iThemes products (plugins and themes), and we are working on an iThemes Security plugin, but all support for the "old" BWPS plugin is done via the fooplugins site and is not supported through these forums.

thanks
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.