#1 yannibmbr

yannibmbr

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:14 AM

Hi folks,
Is there any resources for using Exchange w/ Genesis. As i see it, there's some stuff I'd have to do every time out, when setting up exchange i.e. removing comments, post info, post meta etc. I don't expect Genesis support here obviously; but I'd like to know what you guys are thinking in this regard. Maybe a plugin to address these items?

Also, as I'm looking into Exchange. It seems to use the page.php template when loading. I tried creating a single-it_exchange_prod.php template file, but that product seemed to ignore that. What can I look at in terms of customizing the product templates?

#2 yannibmbr

yannibmbr

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:16 AM

Okay, seeing this: http://ithemes.com/codex/page/Theming_Exchange_-_Getting_Started

#3 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,497 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:10 PM

Hi Alex,

We don't have any resources specific to using Exchange with Genesis themes, nor do we have plans of creating a plugin or anything else to address this currently.  While we've worked to make sure Exchange will be compatible with most themes, it just isn't possible to address every aspect of every theme.  

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: genesis, genesis framework

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users