Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

in progress

Possible To Have Product Thumb And Larger Image In Product Description?

images product images thumbnails feature images

5 replies to this topic

#1 laurendevine

laurendevine

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:06 PM

Hey there.
I have a products page where all my products show up. But the images I have uploaded for each one are different sizes and such.
I would like to and can create same-sizes thumbnail images for each product, no problem. BUT if a user clicks on the thumb or the product link, I would then want a larger, full-size image to show on that description page and not the thumbnail.

How can I accomplish this?  At the moment, even adding more than one image doesn't seem to be working. The 2nd images aren't showing up on the general products page nor on the individual product descriptions page either.

Any advice/ideas?

Thanks, in advance, for any help you can give! :)

URL: http://theartofstoryproject.com/classes/

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,959 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:07 AM

Hi laurendevine,

To control the size of the image on the store page, you'll go into your Exchange file and into /lib/templates/content-store/elements.  There you'll find and copy the featured-image.php file.  In your copy of the file, on line 20, you'll find where the image size is set.  

<?php it_exchange( 'product', 'featured-image', array( 'size' => 'large' ) ); ?>

Try changing 'large' to 'thumbnail' (it uses the default WordPress image sizes).  In your WordPress dashboard, go to Settings > Media and set your Thumbnail size to whatever you'd like it to be.  Then you'll create a directory in your theme:  /wp-content/themes/YourTheme/exchange/content-store/elements/.  There, you'll upload your copy of the featured-image.php file.  That should take care of your images all being the same size on your store page.

As for the 2nd images - they aren't showing up on the actual product pages?  You will only see the featured image on the store page, but you should see any additional images on the actual product page.  If you're not seeing the other images on the product pages, you might try to test to see if there is some sort of conflict.  To do this, you'd try deactivating all of your plugins except for Exchange and then see if the images display properly.  If they do, reactivate your other plugins one at a time, checking Exchange each time to see which plugin is creating the conflict.  You can also see if it is a theme conflict by temporarily activating one of the WordPress default themes, like Twenty Fourteen.

Give that a try and let me know how it goes.  

Thanks,

Elise

#3 Guest_Lauren Devine_*

Guest_Lauren Devine_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:51 PM

Hey Elise! Thanks for the response!
The only thing with editing .php files that makes me nervous is...wouldn't the work be overwritten when the plugin gets updated?

Please advise. Thanks!

#4 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:44 PM

Hi Lauren,

Nope, it won't get overwritten.  That's why, instead of just editing the file, you create the directory in your theme and upload the file there.  This keeps it from being overwritten when you update Exchange.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#5 karen

karen

• Members
  • Others: Exchange - Stripe, Premium Exchange Addon, 3rd Party Exchange Addons
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:05 PM

Hi Elise,

I would like to set my images to thumbnail however, you lost be at "you'll go into your Exchange file ..." where do I do that?

Sorry, WP rookie, here.

Thanks,
Karen

#6 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

Hi Karen,

You'll do this on your computer, just on your desktop or in your downloads file.  You'll need to download a copy of Exchange and then unzip it.  Open the Exchange file, where you'll find the lib file, then content-store and finally elements.  In there you'll find the featured-image.php file.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.  

Thanks,

Elise

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: in progress, images, product images, thumbnails, feature images

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users