Backup Solution For Multisite?

Backup Solution for Multisite

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Josh_*

Guest_Josh_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:43 AM

Hello guys! I understand that Backup Buddy does not support multisite, but I was hoping that you experts may know of the best solution for multisite. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks!

Josh

#2 Jeremy Trask

Jeremy Trask

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder, Members, Toolkit
  • 11,967 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

Hi Josh

You would need to be much more specific about what you mean by "support" and/or "solution" - and anyone who you asked that question of and didn't reply in the same way I would be very wary of :-)

I would recommend that you determine what you are intending to do with your Multisite installation (e.g., is it s development installation that you want to export sites from to setup as standalone sites or import standalone sites into; or do you want to operate it strictly as a multisite but maybe start a new sub site from an export/import of an existing sub site, etc. etc.) Only when you have defined what your usage and workflow is going to be can you ask of anyone whether their product is a solution that supports what you require.

You might have a look at this sort of comparative article: 5 Backup Solutions for WordPress Multisite Networks - WPMU DEV or do a general search on "wordpress multisite backup" (without the quotes) to get some leads to follow.

If you want some samples of what sort of support to look for in a product (which you can use your requirements to pick what may be important to you plus adding anything additional) you can check here: BackupBuddy Multisite - IThemes Codex and then you can ask of any product whether these things are supported. My guess would be that for most products the "supported" list would be short and might simply consist of backup/restore (same location, same URLs) the entire installation which to be honest isn't multisite specific at all - and always consider your server constraints, probably these days if you are operating this on a shared server then forget it unless you have (and will continue to have) a trivial sized multisite.

Hope that helps, good luck in your search, thanks.

Regards...jeremy

"Everything will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end."