Welcome to the forum:
Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!
Also take note of the forum guidelines.
Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.
What is included with support:
Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.
Backup Buddy For Private Domain Copies Of Multisite For Developmentmultisite
Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:33 AM
1. We have developed a multisite network for a client with 3 sites on it.
2. When they launch it they want to have a duplicate version of the entire network on another domain
3. It will be private domain on the same server (i.e. not registered but directed via local hosts file)
4. They want this so they can test out new plugins and configurations without affecting the live site
5. They want the ability to be able to create new up-to-date duplicates of the whole network at will, on separate private domains
6. We are using the Genesis Theme Framework with Dynamik Website Builder as the child theme
7. The child theme is reliant on hook boxes which are written in php
8. We are using Toolset's plugins - Types and Views - extensively on all sites.
We have attempted a direct copy of the db and the file system, then a replace of all old domain references with new ones, and a change to the db login in wp-config. It all worked except for the hook boxes and Views plugins because, we think, the coded values in fields were lost in translation when the db was copied.
Could Backup Buddy be used for this task, and if so, which package would we need to buy do it?
Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:17 PM
Network migrations aren't recommended to be tried in BackupBuddy with multisite functionality. The only way this would be possible if you used your computer's hosts file to clone the network without migrating to a new URL. If URLs need to change then it is not possible with BackupBuddy or anything else. Multisite Networks were not designed to ever have their URLs changed when WordPress designed it. BackupBuddy can backup/restore the local but if the URL changes or anything relies on paths to change they will not be updated so the URL and such must remain the same in all directions.
PRAISE LORD HELIX