Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

in progress

Exchange Performance

exchange performance P3

9 replies to this topic

#1 echoleaf

echoleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:42 AM

I just ran the P3 - Plugin Performance Profiler on my site and Exchange alone is taking .5744 seconds to load.  The next highest items are Wordpress Core (.0973s) and WordPress SEO (.0935s).  I'm using Exchange, Invoices, Recurring Payments & Stripe.  Is this the kind of performance that should be expected?  

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,682 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:54 PM

Hi echoleaf,

Can you give us some more information?  What's your URL?  What version of Stripe are you using?  The version of the other plugins?  What version of WordPress are you using?  That sort of thing.

Any additional information you can give us would be helpful!

Thanks,

Elise

#3 echoleaf

echoleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:52 AM

URL
www.sunriseprowebsites.com

Versions
exchange: 1.7.18
invoices: 1.04
recurring payments: 1.0.17
stripe: 1.1.23
wp: 3.8.1

#4 Rob Hess

Rob Hess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:11 AM

echoleaf, on 18 March 2014 - 06:52 AM, said:

stripe: 1.1.23

Hi echoleaf,

Out of curiosity...when you ran P3 did it group the stripe.js/checkout.js in with the Exchange stuff? I've found that checkout.js loads on every page and adds about 500ms by itself. You can follow the instructions in this thread to strip it out on most pages.

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:15 AM

It didn't state that specifically - it just labeled it 'Exchange'.  I'll check that thread out and see if it helps.

#6 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:28 AM

It did not note it but I just tried adding the function to remove Stripe from unnecessary pages and the performance scan was roughly the same - except this time it showed each iThemes plugin individually.  Exchange went down .4753 and total page load time went from 5.6960 to 4.8434.  So definitely some improvement, but not a ton.

#7 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,682 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:40 AM

Hey echoleaf,

We've just released an update of Exchange (version 1.7.19) that helps address this issue.  Try updating and see if that helps speed things up.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Elise

#8 echoleaf

echoleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:44 AM

Now my total page load time went UP to 7.0714. However when I load the site is seems a bit faster.

#9 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,682 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:00 PM

Hi echoleaf,

You said previously, "Exchange alone is taking .5744 seconds to load."  How fast is Exchange loading now?

Thanks,

Elise

#10 echoleaf

echoleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:02 AM

.1368 - quite an improvement.  The increase in overall load time is strange as I haven't made any other changes to the site.

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: in progress, exchange, performance, P3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users