Only the tabs appear, not the content

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_John Fleming_*

Guest_John Fleming_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:08 AM

Hi,

I recently installed the tabber widget and it's exactly what I'm looking for - now if I could just get it to work I'd be happy.

I created 3 tabs filled with text widgets showing some html and specified "basic light". I then dragged the tabber widget to the top of the sidebar. The only thing that appears there are the three header boxes and they're dark, not light. No content appears and clicking on the tabs changes focus but has no other affect.

Can be seen at http://www.healthyliving411.com/.

The other odd behavior is that when you do click on one of the tabs it changes the url displayed in the browser.

For example: http://www.healthyliving411.com/#tab-tabber_widget-2-1

Is it supposed to do this?

Thanks,

John

#2 skylermoore

skylermoore

• Members
  • Others: All Themes, BackupBuddy, All Plugins, DisplayBuddy, ThumbsUp
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:00 AM

That sounds very strange it shouldn't be doing those things. If you would like for us to take a look at it you can email us you wp-dashboard login information to skylermoore@ithemes.com.

#3 wildambitions

wildambitions

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:09 PM

Having the same issue. It was working fine yesterday. Strange thing is that it works on my blog page but none of the others.

Edit: One thing to note is that I added the blog page to the menu of WP3.0 after it had stopped working.

Things I have done to trouble shoot:

Uploaded ALL the current versions of any iTheme product that I was using on the site.

Removed all custom .css I had for the tabber widget â no change, only blog page worked. Put my code back in.

Deleted all the plugins except tabber  a little bit of change as far as how much of the widget background appears â still no content, just tabs.

Took everything out of my menu, saved with nothing in my menu and rebuilt the menu. Same result, only the blog page shows the entire widget â so it would appear that adding the blog page after the fact was irrelevant.

Here is the site I am working on: http://nextgenges.com

I am going to attempt to remove all tabber files and them upload again, and rebuild the tabber next.

UPDATE:

Removing and reinstalling did nothing, it still grabbed the info from the db from the original tabber created. I tried creating a new tabber group, same result only now it does not work on the blog page either. When I switch back to the old tabber group the old tabber does appear on the blog page but it did seem to take a VERY long time to load.

Edited by Kerry Carron, 27 August 2010 - 10:34 AM.

WordPress | Builder & Child Themes | Web Design & Development | Business Development | Internet Marketing | Social Media | SEO

Get 1-on-1 Training or Site Design/Development From Kerry  The Ultimate Solution

Join the Online Work Network for Web Professionals

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,144 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:59 AM

Hi Kerry,

disabling the jd gallery (dynamic content gallery) will resolve this (for now). Of course, they should be able to work together, at least now we have a starting point to see where the compatibility conflict originates, and how we can resolve it,

apologies for the inconvenience,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#5 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 30,144 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:16 AM

Hi Kerry,

I did a bit of research, apparently somewhere in the plugin (download or configuration), you have a choice for the jQuery or Mootools javascript library. You should select the jQuery version of the plugin.

Let us know,
Ronald

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#6 wildambitions

wildambitions

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:21 AM

WOW, that worked! Thanks. I wonder why when I disabled all of the
plugins yesterday it did not work? Hind sight, I guess. Thanks for the
fix!

It was that jQuery setting.

WordPress | Builder & Child Themes | Web Design & Development | Business Development | Internet Marketing | Social Media | SEO

Get 1-on-1 Training or Site Design/Development From Kerry  The Ultimate Solution

Join the Online Work Network for Web Professionals

#7 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

I'm having the same issue.

www.mommymonologues.com/testblog2

#8 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 30,144 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:56 AM

@Guest_Kate,

what exactly is the (same) issue? Can you add a screenshot?

Ronald

#9 Guest_Julie_*

Guest_Julie_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

I am having the same problem. I installed the plug in, but only see the tabs. I don't see an area to write content in the tabs. Could this be because of my current version of wordpress? I am 3.5.1 I think.