License Question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Vimal_*

Guest_Vimal_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:12 AM

Hello!

Quick question: If I buy the "For site owners - Backup 2 sites" package, is the license valid for 2 domain names only, forever? Or do I have the option to "unregister" 1 site and use it on another?

Basically what I'm asking is: If I have the "2 sites" license and I use BackupBuddy with example1.com and example2.com, can I at a later time decide to use it on example3.com if I deactivate it on 1 of my 2 sites?

I hope I'm not being too confusing  ^_^

#2 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes
  • 16,813 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:51 AM

Hi Vimal,

The 2 site licenses means at any time you can have 2 active licenses. So unattaching a license to one site to attach it to a different (3rd) site does work. You also can even delete a license and create another one as long as there are at most 2 activate licenses.

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX

#3 Guest_Vimal_*

Guest_Vimal_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:15 AM

Awesome! You can mark the topic as "Resolved" (or whatever you guys do  :D ). My question has been answered.

Thanks!

#4 squair

squair

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:56 PM

Hi. I wanted to extend this question by asking does sub-domain count as a separate license or it's part of the main domain license? Example: website.com is an active license, but does website.com/sub-website count as an active license also?

Thanks.

#5 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes
  • 16,813 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:33 AM

Hi Squair,

Any site that has a BackupBuddy installed on it and has a license attached to it. So if BackupBuddy is installed on a main site like website.com and if the /sub-website also has BackupBuddy with another license attached then yes that is two licenses being used.

It is possible to not have the subsite licensed at all and have the subsite included in the main site's backups, but the recommended setup is to have the subsite excluded from the main site's backups and the subsite to have its own BackupBuddy installed so it can get its own separate backups. Easier for the server to not have to backup more than one site at a time and avoids complications if someone wanted to restore/migrate only a single of the sites in a backup when multiple are there at once.

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX