Welcome to the forum:
Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!
Also take note of the forum guidelines.
Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.
What is included with support:
Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.
Support during Holidays:
During the Holidays (Dec. 22 - Jan. 2) our support staff will spend well-deserved time with their families and loved ones.
We can not guarantee the same level of support that you are used to.
Moderators will check in on the support forum, but response times may be longer than expected.
Your iThemes support team wishes you happy holidays!
Several Exchange Configuration Questions
Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:24 AM
A few questions...
1) When I set up a membership product and then do a test purchase, the link in the customer account page goes to a slug ending in in /=product-title ... which 404's. How do I configure these membership pages to point to the Wordpress permalink slug?
2) In Exchange >> Settings I have selected "Use Exchange Registration Only" for Customer Registrations... but the customer registration and log-in still is still using the WP subscriber as a default. How do I get the Exchange login system to work? FYI: The " Anyone can register" box is NOT checked in the WP General Settings.
3) When a customer adds a product to their cart, but wants to continue shopping it appears they have to scroll back up to the main nav menu and go back to the Store that way. Is there a way to add a "Continue Shopping" button in the same proximity as the View Cart and the Checkout links?
4) I sell online video tutorials and will be setting up each product as an individual membership page, so customers can log in 24-7 to their library of content. Customers will pay a one-time fee for lifetime access to each of the membership tutorial products that they purchase. We currently have 70 Volumes and this number grow monthly. In other words there will be 70+ Membership products for sale. We have many customers that buy every volume we publish. From what I can tell, Exchange places a text navigation link for each membership product in the top navigation for each of the customer summary pages. That will mean a LOT of links for customers who own everything... which won't be very pretty. Is there a way to not have all the individual membership products listed as individual links, and then just have the customer be able to link to the membership page from the lists of products that show when they click on Purchases? Also, would it be possible to set up the purchases in a table so they can sort by date OR sort by title (which will start with the Volume number).
5) I have not yet set up bbPress yet... but will it be possible to have just one main forum set up with individual (login-protected) sections that correspond to each of my individual membership products. In other words if a customer has bought our Vol-035 membership product, then they will automatically have access to the Vol-035 section in the forum, as long as they are logged in of course.
Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:41 PM
Hopefully I can help you get everything straight!
1. Can you please post this question in the Membership Forum? We're happy to help you out with this there.
2. I can replicate that issue as well, so I'll pass it along to the developers to look into.
3. This isn't an option in Exchange at this time. It has, however, been added as a feature request which you can vote for on the Exchange Roadmap.
4. This isn't a way to do this, but I'm actually talking to the developer about this currently. So it may change, but I can't promise that! There isn't a way to add a search option for Purchases. If you feel comfortable doing so, you are, of course, welcome to make any changes to suit your needs. If you have any other Membership related questions, I'd be happy to help you out, but please post in them in the Membership Forum.
5. With the bbPress Membership add-on, you can limit access of specific bbPress forums, topics and even comments to a specific membership group.
Let us know if you have any additional questions.
Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:04 PM
Downloadable products are great... but we are finding that many of our customers don't want to have the "responsibility" of having to manage their collection of downloaded video resources... especial since hard drives crash and most people are not very good at backing up their "libraries."
Providing customers with a 24-7 login option to their video collection is a BIG selling feature... as long as it user friendly for them to be able to find and access their content.
Reply to this Topic
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.
For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.
CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users