Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

in progress

Setting Up Exchange

4 replies to this topic

#1 buurma

buurma

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:19 PM

To follow up on my last question, I seem to be having more fundamental set-up issues with Exchange.  I was able to successfully connect to PayPal Standard Secure, and build two membership sign-up pages:
http://cbwoq.wpengine.com/product/live-magazine-subscription/
http://cbwoq.wpengine.com/product/live-magazine-subscription-us-and-internationl/

But none of the other out-of-the-box Exchange pages seem to be working.  For example:
http://cbwoq.wpengine.com/store
http://cbwoq.wpengine.com/account/registration

So I'm it doesn't seem that new subscribers could sign up.  

I also seem to be having the same WP Engine issue with strong passwords as was seen on another post - http://ithemes.com/forum/topic/56031-creating-new-client-when-creating-invoice/#entry236717
Do I need to contact WP Engine about that as well?

I'm also happy to provide login info for the website if that would be helpful.

trying to make it work,
Jacob

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,691 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:42 PM

Hi Jacob,

The Exchange pages not working could also be theme related.  When you have one of the default WordPress themes activated to test the other issue, check to see if those pages work correctly.  If they do, that means it's an issue with the theme.

This is a fairly easy fix, however.  What you'll do is first create the pages as you would any other page on your site.  Then, in Exchange > Settings > Pages, change the page type option from Exchange to WordPress.  Select the page you'd like to use in the drop down menu that appears and copy the shortcode you're given.  Save your settings, then paste the shortcode into the associated page you created.

As for the WP Engine issue, it would be best for you to contact them.  In the post you linked to, the developer provided a patch for Force Strong Passwords, but there isn't anything else we can do on our end.  The WP Engine team might have some more answers for you.

Let us know how testing goes and if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 buurma

buurma

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:15 PM

Thanks, Elise.

I tested Exchange in Twenty Fourteen and it seemed to work well.  So it appears to be a theme conflict.  

Changing from Exchange to Wordpress on the Settings Page seems to be resolving the matter.  Do I need to change over all the pages there to WordPress pages (and build pages in WordPress accordingly)?

with appreciation,
Jacob

#4 buurma

buurma

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:52 PM

Elise,

Something else has come up.  I've gone through and created new WordPress pages, switched the Page Settings from Exchange to WordPress, and added shortcodes to all the new WordPress pages.  I changed over everything but 'Downloads' which we aren't planning to offer.

However, whenever I click away from the Page Settings page - and then come back to it later - it resets all the settings back to 'Exchange'.  Also, whenever I change them over to 'WordPress' again, these individual options disappear (so they can't be changed back to Exchange).  But then when I click away from this page and come back - the whole page is reset again.  

I was able to get the store into somewhat working order before things would be reset...

Any thoughts on this one?  More theme conflict?

I can send login info if you'd like to give it a try.

best,
Jacob

#5 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,691 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:58 PM

Hi Jacob,

It could be theme related, but more likely due to a plugin conflict.  You can test for those as I outlined previously.  If you have a cache plugin, be sure to empty the cache before deactivating the plugin.

Give that a try and let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Elise

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: in progress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users