Better Wp Security?

Security Email configuration

5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_BFry_*

Guest_Guest_BFry_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:41 AM

So what was Better WP Security is now iThemes Security, but there's no forum for support for it, as there is with other plugins... I therefor know that this is not the proper forum, but the only other WP Security thread that is open is in this forum, so I'm going with it.

Now to the issue.  Since upgrading to the 4.05 update, (the problem actually started with the 4.0 upgrade last night) I'm getting the file change warning emails every three minutes or so.  Nothing changes in the content, and nothing has changed on the site.  I'm guessing the plugin is stuck in a loop somehow, but cannot find where.  I can turn off the emails by turning off the file changed notification, but turning it off and then on only restarts the emails. I deactivated the plugin, waited, and reactivated it... still no change...

My guess is that it is either not updating itself that it sent the email, or is not able to sense that the files haven't changed since the last email.  Either way, it's beginning to get annoying.  Need help.

Thanks.

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,328 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:28 AM

Hi,

if you have purchased the iThemes Security Pro plugin, please post your support request here: https://ithemeshelp.zendesk.com/home

If you are using the free version, please post on the WordPress.org support forums: http://wordpress.org/support/plugin/better-wp-security

thanks for your cooperation,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:40 AM

OK, I just updated to the new Security theme and was going through the suggested fixes , the last thing I selected was "Disable PHP in Upload" option and now I am getting an error on my site.

I can not access to the site, the back end or anything else.. I am NOT a Developer just a designer and I would like to know what to do NOW. I use this plugin to PROTECT my site from going down and do not expect it to actually take my site down!

What do I need to do now?

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 30,328 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:18 AM

View PostRonald, on 29 March 2014 - 04:28 AM, said:

Hi,

if you have purchased the iThemes Security Pro plugin, please post your support request here: https://ithemeshelp.zendesk.com/home

If you are using the free version, please post on the WordPress.org support forums: http://wordpress.org/support/plugin/better-wp-security

Ronald

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#5 Guest_Natalie_*

Guest_Natalie_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:26 PM

I am completely locked out of the admin of my site after upgrade from Better WP Security to your version. I will not buy this until i can figure out if it works on my site! Please help me! I get either a page not found or apache page. What can I do? I tried to remove the BWPS folder completely and that does not help. What can I do to get my site back?

#6 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 30,328 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:26 AM

View PostRonald, on 29 March 2014 - 04:28 AM, said:

Hi,

Ronald

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the WordPress Hosting Questions forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Security, Email, configuration

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users