Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

information

Ithemes Securitypro Vs. Bps Security?

Security

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 karentiede

karentiede

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Sync
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:30 AM

I don't see any content in the sales material for the new iThemes Security plugin that tells me that it will be any more useful, or less difficult (!) than the BPS Security plugin that I have activited on all my sites.

Please give me a reason to make the switch...

thx

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,830 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:24 AM

Hi, and welcome,

I will move this to the presales and general inquiries forum http://ithemes.com/forum/forum/17-pre-sales-and-other-inquiries/ for better exposure,

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Gerroald

Gerroald

iThemes Support

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 3,534 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:31 PM

Hello Karentiede,

Welcome to the iThemes Community Forums!

iThemes Security has a completely redone code base focusing on efficiency and UI changes. As far as less difficult there have been many changes to address bugs that BWPS contained. Better WP Security will not be maintained or receive any more development.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Gerroald

#4 Guest_Florence_*

Guest_Florence_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:48 AM

Hello iThemes,

I'm sorry to post it here but it seems you're not informed of the issue everyone is complaining about on this thread: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/cannot-log-in-to-wp-admin-4

Thanks by advance for your help.

Best regards,
Florence.

#5 Guest_Larry McMahon_*

Guest_Larry McMahon_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:44 PM

Hi,

I can't login to one of my sites also.   Need to recover it.

It would be with paying for the security product if it would recognize a backup is in progress and not spam me file update warnings.   Will this be solved with using your backup tool?  

Regards,
Larry

#6 Gerroald

Gerroald

iThemes Support

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 3,534 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:19 AM

Hello All,

I'm sorry you're having these issues. We're actively pushing updates to resolve as many issues as quickly as we can. The updates have resolved the not being able to log in for many users. Could you try updating to the most current version of 4.0.10 and see if that helps?

For future support If you have purchased the iThemes Security Pro plugin, please post your support request here: https://ithemeshelp.zendesk.com/home

If you are using the free version, please post on the WordPress.org support forums: http://wordpress.org/support/plugin/better-wp-security

Thanks for your cooperation,

Gerroald