Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Support during Holidays:

During the Holidays (Dec. 22 - Jan. 2) our support staff will spend well-deserved time with their families and loved ones.

We can not guarantee the same level of support that you are used to.

Moderators will check in on the support forum, but response times may be longer than expected.

Your iThemes support team wishes you happy holidays!

information

Question About Sync

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 doug8912

doug8912

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, BackupBuddy, BackupBuddy, Sync
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:39 AM

I am currently running 9 sites on Sync to test it out. So far I like the set-up. I am wanting to buy a larger plan plan to accommodate all of my sites. Is the Sync login area secure? I notice that it is not using https, and I don't know a lot about security. Can someone possibly acquire my login credentials some how, since it is not using a secure connection? I am terrified of the possibility of someone gaining master access to all of my sites some how.

Also, is it possible for me to change the sync login periodically, or will it require re-adding all of the synced sites?

Thank you for your help.

Doug

#2 Gerroald

Gerroald

iThemes Support

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:40 PM

Hey Doug,

I know I've responded to your email but I'm going to post here in case this may help someone else.

As far as the security goes this is currently being addressed. I'll update you here when I know more.

The second is a current feature request. Please go vote for it and feel free to share your thoughts!

https://trello.com/c/7nK0gwAQ/42-multiple-sync-client-logins

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Gerroald

#3 doug8912

doug8912

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, BackupBuddy, BackupBuddy, Sync
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:06 PM

Great thank you. Sync is going to be a big time saver for me. Also using Backup Buddy and Ithemes Security. All three items are a great combo!