in progress

How To Customize Shop Display?

category shop navigation customize

2 replies to this topic

#1 karen

karen

• Members
  • Others: Exchange - Stripe, Premium Exchange Addon, 3rd Party Exchange Addons
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:19 PM

Hi All -

I have created my shop and added a few products. Now I am interested in customizing the shop. Help?

Read the following with the knowledge that I am using a WordPress Genesis theme and have all my pages set to "Exchange":

1. It seems products are listed in the reverse order they were entered. Do I have control over the order in which products are displayed?

2. I see the products are posted with the date I created them. Can the date be removed?

3. Is there a way to force Exchange to adjust all product images to match (or do I need to do this manually)?

4. I have enabled categories for my products. Is there a way to add a navigation to the shop page so users can select their view by category?

Thanks!
K

#2 karen

karen

• Members
  • Others: Exchange - Stripe, Premium Exchange Addon, 3rd Party Exchange Addons
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:44 PM

Regarding my first question - I did just stumble upon this post:

http://ithemes.com/forum/topic/52405-customize-layout-order/page__hl__customize

Thank you for adding some organizing options!

I would like to propose the ability to list products by category (however, I'll try working with the slug feature and see if this does the trick). Still, having a navigation feature on the main store page would be awesome and much welcomed!

#3 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,209 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

Hi Karen,

Glad you found the answer to your fist question.  I'll add the ability to order products according to category to the feature requests.  

Instead of using the Product Slug, I might try Product Order # option.  Then you don't have to mess with the slug, just add a number in the Advanced Options.  Or, you can use it in conjunction with the Simple Page Ordering plugin which would allow you just to drag and drop them into the position you want.  At the time of that post, I hadn't completed the codex page, but I do have that codex page up now:  Store Settings  There, you'll find more information about ordering your products with the Simple Page Ordering plugin.

As for your other questions:

If the date is showing on your products, that's due to your theme.  If you can provide me with a URL to take a look at, however, I can help you out with the CSS to hide that.

Try this for your image sizing:  http://ithemes.com/forum/topic/58470-possible-to-have-product-thumb-and-larger-image-in-product-description/#entry246623

If you go into Appearance > Widgets, you'll find a Product Categories widget which you can place in any available widget area on your store page.  

Hope this helps.  Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: in progress, category, shop, navigation, customize

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users