Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Please Note:

The iThemes offices will be closed Thursday Nov. 27 and Friday Nov. 28 for Thanksgiving.

Support will be limited, as we allow our support staff to spend some well deserved time off with their families. The iThemes Support team wishes you a great Thanksgiving weekend.

in progress

How To Customize Shop Display?

category shop navigation customize

9 replies to this topic

#1 karen

karen

• Members
  • Others: Exchange - Stripe, Premium Exchange Addon, 3rd Party Exchange Addons
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:19 PM

Hi All -

I have created my shop and added a few products. Now I am interested in customizing the shop. Help?

Read the following with the knowledge that I am using a WordPress Genesis theme and have all my pages set to "Exchange":

1. It seems products are listed in the reverse order they were entered. Do I have control over the order in which products are displayed?

2. I see the products are posted with the date I created them. Can the date be removed?

3. Is there a way to force Exchange to adjust all product images to match (or do I need to do this manually)?

4. I have enabled categories for my products. Is there a way to add a navigation to the shop page so users can select their view by category?

Thanks!
K

#2 karen

karen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:44 PM

Regarding my first question - I did just stumble upon this post:

http://ithemes.com/forum/topic/52405-customize-layout-order/page__hl__customize

Thank you for adding some organizing options!

I would like to propose the ability to list products by category (however, I'll try working with the slug feature and see if this does the trick). Still, having a navigation feature on the main store page would be awesome and much welcomed!

#3 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,874 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

Hi Karen,

Glad you found the answer to your fist question.  I'll add the ability to order products according to category to the feature requests.  

Instead of using the Product Slug, I might try Product Order # option.  Then you don't have to mess with the slug, just add a number in the Advanced Options.  Or, you can use it in conjunction with the Simple Page Ordering plugin which would allow you just to drag and drop them into the position you want.  At the time of that post, I hadn't completed the codex page, but I do have that codex page up now:  Store Settings  There, you'll find more information about ordering your products with the Simple Page Ordering plugin.

As for your other questions:

If the date is showing on your products, that's due to your theme.  If you can provide me with a URL to take a look at, however, I can help you out with the CSS to hide that.

Try this for your image sizing:  http://ithemes.com/forum/topic/58470-possible-to-have-product-thumb-and-larger-image-in-product-description/#entry246623

If you go into Appearance > Widgets, you'll find a Product Categories widget which you can place in any available widget area on your store page.  

Hope this helps.  Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#4 karen

karen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:21 PM

Hi Elise,

Regarding the date showing on my product pages, here is an example:

http://www.karengorrin.com/product/inner-balance-for-ios-lightening/

I use the Parallax theme by Genesis. I contacted Genesis and received the following section of code and added it to the end of my functions.php file however it did not remove the date form my product listing so I assume the product is not a custom post?

// Remove Post Info, Post Meta from CPT
function themeprefix_remove_post_info() {
   if ('custom_post_type_name' == get_post_type()) {//add in your CPT name
   remove_action( 'genesis_entry_header', 'genesis_post_info', 12 );
   remove_action( 'genesis_entry_footer', 'genesis_post_meta' );
   }
}
add_action ( 'get_header', 'themeprefix_remove_post_info' );

Thanks,
Karen

#5 karen

karen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:23 PM

Oops - I gave you the raw copy above. I did also enter the slug 'product' yet it still didn't work.

#6 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,874 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:57 PM

Hi Karen,

Exchange products are custom post types.

Try adding the following to the bottom of your child theme's style.css file (Appearance > Editor):

.it_exchange_prod .entry-meta {
display: none;
}

Let us know how it goes.  

Thanks,

Elise

#7 karen

karen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:27 PM

Hi Elise,

That code did successfully remove the date however it also changed the theme's font on the product page and throughout the entire site. What next?

Thanks,
Karen

#8 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,874 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:12 PM

Hi Karen,

There's no reason that code should change the font on your site.  Where were you adding that code?  And is that the only code you added?  

If you can send me log in credentials for your site and FTP credentials, I can take a look.  You can email them to me at elise@ithemes.com or PM them to me here on the forum.  Just be sure to include a link to this post so I know what the message is in regards to.  

Thanks,

Elise

#9 karen

karen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:01 AM

Thanks Elise. I sent you admin credentials.

I added the code you posted to the bottom of the css file. I have since removed it because of the font issue. I did not add any other codes or make any other edits.

Thanks,
Karen

#10 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,874 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:22 AM

Hi Karen,

I added the code I'd given previously and I didn't check every page on your site, but on the ones I did, the font hadn't been changed.

You said in your email:

I also just noticed the Shopping cart and checkout are now showing breadcrumbs and I can’t open or “pay” for an item that has been added to the cart.

This is most likely a conflict with your theme.  Instead of using the Exchange page type in Exchange > Settings > Pages, you'll want to create your own pages and then use the WordPress page type.  I've already done this with the cart page for you, so you can take a look (http://www.karengorrin.com/shopping-cart/).

Thanks,

Elise

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: in progress, category, shop, navigation, customize

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users