Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

in progress

Stripe No Longer Working

exchange stripe

10 replies to this topic

#1 dkempka

dkempka

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:56 PM

The Stripe integration with Exchange stopped working after March 17, 2014, and I have not been able to fix it. I've read other forum topics about this problem, but nothing works.  The big change is that Stripe now resolves to a "transaction" page, but Exchange does not recognize this page.  I made sure that my Exchange "pages" settings resolve the purchase confirmation to a Wordpress confirmation page, and also made sure the short code is in the page.  Still does not work.  The credit card transactions are not working at Stripe, but their tech support is telling me it's a problem with the shopping cart code.  I'm stuck....

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,683 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:02 PM

Hi dkempka,

Can you please (always :)) provide us with a URL where this is happening?  That's the best way for us to diagnose any issues you may be having.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 dkempka

dkempka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

Elise...sorry, here is the purchase page in question

http://firstimpressionshq.com/product/six-elements-of-instinctual-trust/

I have additional information from Stripe tech support. They claim that the transactions are no longer successful because they are no longer getting "Customer" information transferred from Exchange, so the token is incorrect.  Here is a screen shot of a successful transaction, and an unsuccessful one, so you can see the difference.

webkit-fake-url://422D418E-3885-4453-9C42-F9BB7C0A39D3/image.tiff

#4 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,683 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

Hey dkempka,

It looks like you're running an older version of the Stripe add-on.  The latest version is 1.1.24.1.  Try updating to that version and then let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Elise

#5 dkempka

dkempka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

Elise, I got the add-on from iThemes, so I would hope that iThemes would alert me about any known upgrades.  I just checked the WordPress plug-ins, but there is no newer version available.  Please tell me how I'm supposed to get it.

Dan

#6 dkempka

dkempka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:05 PM

Nevermind.  I just went to my iThemes download page and saw the newer version.  It is disconcerting to have the add-on stop working, with no alert from iThemes that we are required to get the latest version.

I will try the new one and report back.

#7 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,683 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:06 PM

Hi Dan,

Have you licensed the add-on?  If you've licensed the add-on, you should receive notifications that an update is available.  You can read about how to license products here:  http://ithemes.com/codex/page/Licensing_Your_Themes_And_Plugins  

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Elise

#8 dkempka

dkempka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:12 PM

Elise, I've upgraded iThemes - Stripe add-on, and it still does not work.  I can tell in the logs that the Customer information is still not being passed to Stripe from Exchange. Is this a known bug?

#9 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,683 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:05 PM

Hi Dan,

I have had no other reports of this particular issue nor can I replicate it myself.

Can you test to see if there is a plugin conflict?  To test for a plugin conflict, you'd deactivate all of your plugins except for Exchange and the Stripe add-on and then see if it works properly.  If you have any cache plugins, be sure to empty the cache before deactivating.  If it works properly, reactivate your other plugins, one at a time test each time to see which plugin is creating the conflict.  You might go ahead and test as soon as you empty your cache if you have one.

Give that a try and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Elise

#10 dkempka

dkempka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:40 AM

Thanks for the plugin conflict tip.  The good news is that I figured out the conflict is with my LearnDash plugin.  The bad news is that I have no product without LearnDash since it is the app that creates my online course.  In fact, LearnDash recommended iThemes Exchange because of the integration with your company.

I will contact LearnDash to see if they are aware of the conflict.

#11 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,683 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:47 AM

Hey Dan,

Glad you narrowed down what the issue was.  Let us know what the LearnDash team responds with; we'd definitely be interested in knowing and I'm sure it will be helpful to others.

Thanks,

Elise

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange Add-on - Stripe forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: in progress, exchange stripe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users