Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

in progress

Customers Not Receiving Digital Downloads

17 replies to this topic

#1 kswinehart

kswinehart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:55 PM

Hello,
I have had several successful purchases on my site but I have had two customers purchase digital downloads and they are not showing up under my payments/orders and the customers have not been able to download their digital image. I am getting their payment through Paypal and have tested the image out myself to see if it would download and have successfully completed the transactions. Why would some orders come through and some not?
Thanks!

#2 kswinehart

kswinehart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:20 PM

This is what I found out: When I checkout as a guest the order is not showing up at all in my orders. Also after paying through Paypal I am not led back to the shop. Instead it gives me this text instead of taking me back to the download page: Jeremy, you just completed your payment.
Your receipt number for this payment is: 3525-2648-4037-5440.
We'll send a confirmation email to sweetsisters_candy@yahoo.com. This transaction will appear on your statement as PayPal *MYHEARTHASE.

As you can see, it gives the email that I used for Paypal instead of my shop name. It should say "Return to My Heart Has Ears". Here is the page I have set in Paypal for auto return: http://myhearthasears.com/account/downloads/
When I click on the "Return to jnelson43207@yahoo.com" it takes me back to the cart and acts like I haven't purchased.
I have disabled guest checkout at this point but would like to offer it.

#3 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,959 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:03 PM

Hi kswinehart,

I need to test this to see if I can replicate it.  Are you using the PayPal Standard Basic add-on or the PayPal Standard Secure add-on?

If you could let me know, I'll test it out and see what happens for me.

Thanks,

Elise

#4 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:23 PM

Hey kswinehart,

I went ahead and tested with both PayPal Standard Basic and Secure and couldn't replicate the issue with either add-on.  Is this only happening with PayPal?  Or have you tried it with other payment gateways as well?

Can you test to see if there is a plugin conflict causing this?  To do so, you'd deactivate all of your plugins except for Exchange and then see if it works properly.  If it does, reactivate your other plugins one at a time, testing Exchange each time to see which plugin is causing the conflict.  

Give that a try and let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Elise

#5 kswinehart

kswinehart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:12 PM

I'm using Paypal secure. The thing that I don't understand is that it doesn't happen every time. It's isolated events. I think it is  happening only when someone is checking out as a guest and so I disabled guest checkout.

#6 kswinehart

kswinehart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:22 AM

When you tested it, did it lead you back to the downloads page?

#7 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:23 AM

Hi kswinehart,

I was also using the Guest Checkout option when I was testing and couldn't replicate it.

When the transaction completed in PayPal, it took me to the confirmation page which is what it should do.

Confirmation.png

I know you said it only happened with Guest Checkout, but was it also only with PayPal?  Is that the only payment gateway you're using?

Thanks,

Elise

#8 kswinehart

kswinehart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:25 PM

Yes. I'm only using Paypal. I had another customer yesterday who also said she wasn't led back to the download or confirmation page and couldn't access her download.

#9 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:59 PM

Hey kswinehart,

Was that  user also using the Guest Checkout option?  Or where they a registered customer?

Thanks,

Elise

#10 kswinehart

kswinehart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:17 PM

It was a registered guest. She actually said that she wasn't able to download the file from her confirmation email. She said she clicked the link and it took her to the page but said she wasn't authorized to download the link. I did tell her to try to login and see if she could download then. I haven't heard back from her.

#11 kswinehart

kswinehart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:33 AM

It happened again today. I received an email from a customer who said that she couldn't download the file from her confirmation email...

#12 kswinehart

kswinehart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:23 PM

I have yet another customer who says she cannot download her image that she purchased. She said when she goes to her account it says that she has reached the number of downloads she purchased but she didn't download anything.

#13 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:30 AM

Hi kswinehart,

Do you have a coupon code use to try a test purchase on your site?  I understand if you don't want to post it here publicly, but you can send it to me by PM here on the forum or email it to me at elise@ithemes.com.

Thanks,

Elise

#14 kswinehart

kswinehart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:45 AM

Yes. It's Save15. A customer just emailed me and said that her order says that she has reached the download limit. Here is the screen it gives her: http://pul.ly/d/7b7e00728d35dc97821e

#15 kswinehart

kswinehart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:46 AM

That last order wasn't from my store. It was from another source. Sorry.

#16 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:57 AM

Hi kswinehart,

I was wondering as I didn't recognize the screenshot as an Exchange message!  :)

I can go ahead and test anyway for an issue with Exchange if you'd like, but if the issue isn't Exchange, there isn't really anything I can do.  

Let me know if you want me to test or not.

Thanks,

Elise

#17 kswinehart

kswinehart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:57 PM

No. It's an issue with Exchange. It's just a huge coincidence that a customer had a similar problem with a different source. I had a customer last night saying that she couldn't download her image. When I test it myself, the process to get back to my download is very confusing. It doesn't take me back to the download page after paying as it should. I have the correct settings in Paypal.

#18 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:36 PM

Hey kswinehart,

When a customer completes a purchase, they are not supposed to be taken to the download page.  They will be taken to their confirmation page which includes a link to their downloads.  I provided a screenshot in one of my previous replies.  

The fact that you're having issues with Exchange and whatever the other plugin is makes me think that it's not in fact an Exchange issue.  You might check with your host to see if they can find the issue.  For instance, there is a setting, allow_url_fopen, which needs to be on, but is often set to off.  Some server companies let you change this yourself, but you may need to contact your host and have them change it for you.  This may not affect every file, but it does sometimes affect larger files which would explain why it is only affecting some customer downloads.

If your hosting company allows you to make this change on your own, you'd go into your FTP where you should see a php.ini file.  In it, you should see the allow_url_fopen option.  Change the setting to on, then save and re-FTP the file.

Thanks,

Elise

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: in progress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users